The Aerobee Rig

Chris Fastie

Jul 5, 2016, 1:51:21 PM7/5/16
to grassrootsmapping, plots-i...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com
I just posted a research note about my newest aerial camera rig. The Aerobee Rig incorporates an escapement mechanism which allows the camera to pan and take photos in all directions without motors or electronics. The design is open source and all design files are available at Thingiverse. The Aerobee Rig is also on sale this week at the KAPtery and a kit to build one is only $37.00 including shipping (US shipping only).

Chris

Chris Fastie

Jul 8, 2016, 11:37:53 AM7/8/16
to grassrootsmapping, plots-i...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com
I posted a second research note, this one about how I made the aluminum frames for the Aerobee Rig: https://publiclab.org/notes/cfastie/07-07-2016/making-aerobee. It has a thrilling 10 minute video which is essentially metal shop porn. There are a few days left in the KAPtery sale. Lots of things are 20% off, but the deals on kite line (1000" of 150 lb line on a Shanti hoop winder for $37) should not be ignored.

Chris