Balloon mapping rescheduled -- Sunday April 6!

Katie Gradowski

Apr 4, 2014, 1:33:59 PM4/4/14
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com, parts-and-crafts-b...@googlegroups.com, sprout-...@googlegroups.com, Parts and Crafts
Rescheduled for this weekend, hope you can make it out!

Sunday April 6, 12-4 pm
Where:  Ricky's Flower Market / Parts and Crafts
577 Somerville Ave, Somerville MA

A full day of mapping with the Public Lab for Open Science and Technology!   We'll head down to Union Square at noon to photograph the future MBTA Green Line site.   This map shows the seven possible development lots, as well as the future site for the MBTA station. This article has a pretty solid overview of the proposed redevelopment plan, as well as timelines for when they're supposed to start building.  Free / by donation, all are welcome!

Meeting place for balloon mapping:  Ricky's Flower Market
238 Washington Street,  Somerville MA 02143.  Ricky's Flower Market has graciously agreed to host us.  Parking is available across the street @ SCATV.  If you'd like to join us for mapping at noon, this is where you should go!

Post-mapping meetup @  Parts & Crafts!
577 Somerville Ave, Somerville MA 02143.   We'll also have some folks back at Parts and Crats to get people situated who want to work on non-mapping projects. At around 2 pm, the mapping crew will head back to do some image processing, order pizza, and hopefully get started on our map!

Katie Gradowski

Apr 5, 2014, 5:29:45 PM4/5/14
to grassroo...@googlegroups.com, plots-...@googlegroups.com, parts-and-crafts-b...@googlegroups.com, sprout-...@googlegroups.com, Parts and Crafts
Hey folks!

Just a quick follow-up on location:    It looks to be a windy day, so odds are we're actually going to be doing the kite from Argenziano Field, just  a short walk down the street.   We'll still plan to meet at Ricky's at noon.    If you're meeting us at Ricky's, please park in the city lot behind SCATV rather than the flower shop (it's a small weird lot and hard to get in and out).   It's Sunday, so there should be no problem finding space.

Thanks!   Looking forward to it!

Katie