Article posted on GraniteDS/Tide entity management "gotchas"

jeff plummer

May 30, 2011, 1:09:15 AM5/30/11
to Granite Data Services Forum
I recently finished debugging a very wacky set of problems in my
application caused by my misuse of Granite/Tide entity management.
(Extremely wacky when you consider that entity inspection via the Flex
Debugger causes the "uid" attribute to be set on entities, which made
hunting the problem even more difficult). Anyways, I wrote fairly
indepth article and example in an effort to save others the pain I
went through.

http://plummeronsoftware.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/granitedstide-entity-management-painful-gotchas/

anand sharma

May 31, 2011, 12:27:18 AM5/31/11
to gran...@googlegroups.com
great article thankx 4 that champ cheers..

Dahn Maier

Jun 23, 2011, 12:22:51 PM6/23/11
to gran...@googlegroups.com
This is an incredibly useful article. Thanks so much for it.
Dahn
--
Dahn

wdrai

Jun 24, 2011, 11:26:05 AM6/24/11
to gran...@googlegroups.com
(It's the 3rd time I try to answer this post, so sorry if you get this many times)

This article is very interesting. I just want to give two precisions :

- The next release will force the initialization of uids before sending anything to the server so that should not be necessary to deal with this manually any more

- I would not advise using PersistentCollection directly, it is supposed to an implementation detail.

If you need to register listeners on the collection, you can override the setter for the collection :

public override function set children(list:ListCollectionView):void {
    if (this.children)
       this.children.removeEventListener(..);

    super.children = list;

    if (list)
        list.addEventListener(...)
}

Also note that you can disable automatic call of getters in the Flash Builder debugger preferences.

William

Александр Шелюгов

Mar 25, 2015, 6:22:09 AM3/25/15
to gran...@googlegroups.com