Android Xperience 2 :- Preparation

Carlus Henry

Jul 6, 2013, 1:50:03 PM7/6/13
to grand-rapids-j...@googlegroups.com
The Android Xperience 2 will be held on July 16th at 6:00pm at Aquinas College Library.  If you are planning to attend, please RSVP here:
http://www.meetup.com/gr-jug/events/123803352/

Here is what you can expect:

3 Groups

Group 1: Repeat of the first Android Xperience event - 30 minute presentation / training of how to use the Android ListView, followed by time for questions and an opportunity to complete the challenge which will allow you to "level-up" into Group 2.

Please refer to this document for pre-requisites.  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/grand-rapids-java-user-group/eIwrk4nXdnE

Group 2: In order to join this group, you must first complete the challenge of Group 1.  Neil will be introducing us to the Action Bar.  After a brief presentation / training of how to use the Action Bar, there will be time for a challenge at the end.

Please be sure that you have a github account.

Group 3: No presentation...pure coding.  Sometimes, you just need some time to code.  Dan Mikita will be available for questions / assistance.

If there are any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks

Carlus

Benjamin Flanders

Jul 8, 2013, 10:25:39 AM7/8/13
to grand-rapids-j...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome.  I can catch up even though I missed the fist session.  Thank You

Share and Enjoy
Ben

Carlus Henry

Jul 13, 2013, 1:07:07 PM7/13/13
to grand-rapids-j...@googlegroups.com
Great news for everyone:

If you did not attempt or complete the First Challenge, our very own Neil Shaffer has posted a demonstration of how to complete the challenge on youtube.  Feel free to use this as an exercise to practice the challenge prior to the meeting on Tuesday.

My hope is that everyone will be able to complete the first challenge Tuesday, and level-up to the next Group.

If there are any questions, please let me know.