Code Michigan Event :- 3 Day Code Fest

Carlus Henry

Jun 27, 2013, 11:08:03 AM6/27/13
to grand-rapids-j...@googlegroups.com

Announcement from CodeMichigan:

The state is releasing API’s around five themes: jobs, tourism, safety, veterans and foster kids.  We’re holding a hackathon the weekend of October 4-6 at the M@dison building in downtown Detroit.  Github is offering participants a free repository and Microsoft is offering the choice of a year’s use of a VM or use of their upcoming mobile backend as a service.  The emphasis is on mobile or tablet applications using one of the state API’s.  There will be some big name speakers and lots of prizes.

Benefits for developers:

        A chance to give something back

        A chance to use new technologies

        Improve Michigan’s quality of life

        Resume enhancement

        A chance to start a new for profit business

Keep watching www.codemichigan.com as the website will be launching soon and that’s where you will register.

Ben Rousch

Jun 27, 2013, 11:14:53 AM6/27/13
to Grand Rapids Java User's Group
Two of the people behind this came out to talk to FriendlyCode (the
Grand Rapids code for America Brigade) a few months ago. It looks like
an interesting event and some of us were considering attending. We
were talking about setting up a carpool, or even a charter bus if
there was enough interest.
> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/grand-rapids-java-user-group.