New Job Posting :- Java/Web Developer (Frontend/Backend)

Carlus Henry

May 29, 2013, 7:23:27 AM5/29/13
to grand-rapids-j...@googlegroups.com
For more information on this position, please feel free to contact:

VASU. A
| Saras America Incorporated | 38345 W.10 Mile Road, Suite 300, Farmington Hills MI 48335-2837
248.489.8484 x.963 | Fax: 248.489.8585 |
vasua at sarasamerica dot com  www.sarasamerica.com

Requirement information:

Java/Web Developer (Frontend/Backend)
Location: REMOTE WORKING POSITION - No Relocation Required
Duration: Long-term
Immediate Hire

Required skills:
1.     Frontend key skills
2.     Backend key skills
3.     Testing: Testing open source environments is strongly desired

Position Summary

  • Strong HTML, XHTML, CSS programming skills with the proven ability to produce and refine working interfaces quickly.
  • Direct experience with HTML5 and CSS3, JSON and AJAX techniques for dynamic web application
  • Any or all the skills is a big plus: Velocity, Groovy, PHP (Wordress and Symfony 1.4), Java, Solaris and Linux flavors of Unix, EXTJS, PrototypeJS, JQuery, HTML5/CSS3, Responsive/Mobile design, Jira, GIT, SVN, and Open Source development.
  • Prefers some with experience on Integrating Mobile devices - classroom methodology - - presentations geometry,  mobile geometry exp
  • Experience working with version control systems such as SVN and GIT
  • Specific experience with JQuery, EXTJS and other open source JavaScript libraries and frameworks.
  • Strong experience and preference for open source development
  • Google Analytics and Double Click integration
  • Mobile app development
  • Desired experience with Content Management System (CMS)
  • Experience developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions with specific knowledge of responsive design techniques for mobile devices.
  • Professional JavaScript programming skills with knowledge and experience working with JavaScript frameworks to create rich interactive content.
  • Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages, and specifically with applications using scripting and forms based languages like Velocity and Groovy, or working in a Java Server Page (JSP)based application environment.
  • Experience with a wide range web development environments
  • Strong skills in Java/J2EE development
  • Velocity
  • Groovy
  • PHP (WordPress / Symfoney)
  • MySQL
  • Good understanding of Web Accessibility (W3C WAG and Section 508)
  • Knowledge of and sensitivity for security and privacy issues
  • Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
  • A good design and esthetic sense matched with great engineering skill (The ability to work from high level graphical designs and create good, well documented, well organized and easy to read/maintain HTML and CSS
  • Apache SOLR
  • Professional JavaScript programming skills with knowledge and experience working with a range JavaScript frameworks to create rich interactive content. Specific experience with JQuery, EXTJS and other open source JavaScript libraries and frameworks.
  • Desired knowledge of UI, UX and IA, your ability to turn around a project, and also your strengths in advanced JavaScript and HTML UI Development
  • Metadata and SEO
  • Unix Shell Scripting in both Linux (Many distributions) and Solaris
  • Experience building and integrating RESTful APIs
  • Networking protocols
  • Maven and Cruse Control for continuous build and code integration
  • Jira and other bug and task tracking systems

III.        Testing: Testing in open source environments is strongly desired :

As a Web App Developer you’ll also be responsible for:

  • Main responsibility will be the design, implementation, integration, modification and maintenance of the client’s web application’s functional components, data model, code, build and deploy procedures.
  • Owning, building, maintaining and continuously improving the clients Web Site and platform.
  • Providing accurate time and effort estimates on work assignments, and delivering high quality code efficiently.
  • Contributing to the application and platform documentation.
  • Collaborating and communicating effectively with the technical and editorial/marketing staff
  • Contributing to the company development standards and practices working closely with the CTO and technical Staff.
  • Discussing technical solutions with the development team and providing innovative new ideas, tools and approaches to improve the application capability, performance and utility.
  • Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly with regard to highly scalable and high performance service oriented architectures, data analytics, social networking technologies and approaches, faceted and semantic search, and mobile application development.
  • Learn and understand the needs and preferences of the K-12 education market.
  • Direct experience with K-12 education and teaching is also very helpful.

Mandatory skills:

  • The ability to work remotely and independently on tasks with fixed timelines while being a collaborative and hyper-responsive member of a fully distributed team is essential. You must possess rock solid dependability, integrity and commitment to the goal.
  • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English is a must for to work effectively with our globally distributed and multi-lingual team.