Is there a version of Grails targeted to run on Java9?

mcam11

Feb 2, 2018, 1:45:46 PM2/2/18
to Grails Dev Discuss

I tried running my Grails 3.3.2 application on Java 9 and for the most part the application worked. Mail (using this plugin: org.grails.plugins:mail:2.0.0), however, doesn't work, so cannot reset password, for example.

Attempting to send mail results in this error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'mailService': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

I believe the issue is with Spring Boot and not the plugin itself. It seems there is a problem with bean creation and Java 9 that Spring Boot addresses is their 2.x version (Grails 3.3.2 runs on Spring Boot 1.5.x).

Just wondering what the time frame is for Grails and Java 9. Thanks!