Shared I/O State

oru...@beapi.io

Dec 27, 2016, 5:14:24 PM12/27/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
Since Grails 3 mvc binds the request/response to the controller, I/O state can't be shared with other services in a distributed microservice architecture.

How does Grails propose sharing I/O state in a distributed microservice architecture without massive duplication so that edge cases can handle functionality early and late.

For example, if the proxy wanted to do checking based on the rules for the endpoint (ie what roles are associated, what request method is associated, what data should be sent with request, etc) and reject or forward, it should be able to and also synchronize the data should changes be made at the source. Same with MQ or other services.

Also, loopbacks should be able to be done without the request having to go out and come back in to the service; there should be a level of autonomy.

How does Grails handle this?

oru...@beapi.io

Dec 29, 2016, 11:55:40 AM12/29/16
to Grails Dev Discuss
Got a response back from OCI:

"The framework continues to evolve to broaden the types of applications which it is very well suited for. In 2017 we will have very exciting announcements related to micro services in particular"

Unfortunately, this does not state whether they will be solving this issue

oru...@beapi.io

Jan 26, 2017, 3:31:35 PM1/26/17
to Grails Dev Discuss
Will be speaking on this at U of Wash Tech Talks. Stop on by if you want to see a Groovy IOT example that runs 100K requests in 30 secs with full Spring security install

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 2:14:24 PM UTC-8, oru...@beapi.io wrote:
Message has been deleted