Plugin not showing up

John Urberg

Feb 25, 2015, 2:52:21 PM2/25/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I seem to be doing something wrong.  I have an asset-pipeline plugin that was approved: https://grails.org/plugins/pending/523.  I've run 'grails publish-plugin --stacktrace' successfully a number of times over the past few weeks, but the plugin does not show up on the grails plugin site.

Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks,
John

Graeme Rocher

Feb 26, 2015, 6:20:43 AM2/26/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
There was an issue that has been resolved, can you try again?
> --

Graeme Rocher

Tamer Shahin

Feb 26, 2015, 6:40:47 AM2/26/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I think i had the same problem..

this is my plugin:

it's published and already available to be installed into grails apps, but it's not showing up yet..

Lari Hotari

Feb 27, 2015, 1:09:12 PM2/27/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi John and Tamer,

There has been quite a few small issues in plugin publishing that have finally been solved.

These are 2 key fixes:

I noticed that for John's plugin, the pom.xml file was causing some problems because https://github.com/jurberg/es6to5-asset-pipeline/blob/master/pom.xml doesn't contain metadata. I made https://github.com/grails-samples/grails-website/commit/094e3c17ed1e34c6b78b34ca9b5911e45f0e8432 changes to mitigate with that problem and fallback to metadata in plugin.xml file in that case.

I also made changes so that plugin publishing doesn't just fail without errors as it did before when metadata is missing. That has been causing some trouble in the past when publishing new plugins.

Actually all new plugin publishing was broken after switching to the new version of grails.org a week ago. No metadata was found. That was because of HttpURLConnection doesn't redirect from http to https urls and I had made a change to use https to repo.grails.org . RestBuilder is also backed by HttpURLConnection and that has the same surprising limitation.
I found the explanation about HttpURLConnection limitation in http://stackoverflow.com/a/1884427/166062 . That links to http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4620571 which has further details.
The other commit now goes directly to the maven repository instead of relying on redirects.

I'm soon starting work on the plugin portal for Grails 3 plugins. The idea is to keep the current grails.org/plugins for Grails 2.x plugins and have some kind of UI integration to the backend of Grails 3 plugin portal which is separate and built with Grails 3. Grails 3 plugin portal will use Bintray features for plugin lookup in a similar way as Gradle plugins are located .

Lari

Tamer Shahin

Feb 28, 2015, 9:35:31 AM2/28/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Lari for the explanation :)

looking forward to new grails 3 plugin portal, even though all my plugins rely on other plugins, so i'll be kind blocked by them..

Cheers

Tamer

John Urberg

Mar 1, 2015, 9:59:42 PM3/1/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I was able to publish now.  Thanks for the help.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 8:52 PM, John Urberg <jur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I seem to be doing something wrong.  I have an asset-pipeline plugin that
> was approved: https://grails.org/plugins/pending/523.  I've run 'grails
> publish-plugin --stacktrace' successfully a number of times over the past
> few weeks, but the plugin does not show up on the grails plugin site.
>
> Is there a step I'm missing?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Tamer Shahin

Mar 16, 2015, 6:09:18 PM3/16/15
to grails-de...@googlegroups.com
I think I still have some issue:

I released version 1.1 today and same story: published and it can be used in grails projects but no update on the plugins page of the website.

Thanks