Shout out to all Seniors!! Especially ASU; Iowa State University; UIC; NYU seniors in ECE

Tanmay Gupta

Oct 23, 2017, 4:05:28 PM10/23/17
to NSIT to Graduate School
Hello Seniors!

Hope you're all doing well.

I graduated from NSIT in June 2017 ICE branch. I aspire to pursue Masters in ECE/EE with a focus on Signal & Image processing and Communications from USA. I have received an admit from Arizona State University (Deferred to Fall 18), Iowa State University (Spring 18), University of Illinois Chicago (Spring 18) and I am hopeful for a positive response from NYU Tandon.

If you're studying at any one of these universities it would be really nice if I could have a small chat with you regarding the program. Since you've been there directly, you would know all the aspects of the program best. Things that you liked and things that you did not. Perhaps how strongly you would recommend the program to someone. I look forward to hearing from you. My intended specialization is primarily signal processing and communications. Even if you study at one of the above universities but have a different specialization, I'd still love to hear about the university from you.

Any input from you is valuable. If you don't know about this field directly then I would appreciate if you can point me towards someone who knows.Thanks a lot in advance.

There are a couple of general questions I have in my mind as well if you can answer:

1. Can you tell me if non-thesis is a good choice vs thesis course? I don't have much interest in Ph.D. and will look for a job. So will non-thesis masters be disadvantageous for jobs?

2. And then the final topic of discussion comes down to Spring vs Fall. So can you shed some light on that? Is Spring a bad choice? Most of my admits are for Spring intake.

3. Since most of my admissions are for Spring 18, I wanted to know how it works out. Basically, are all the courses offered in Fall semester available in Spring as well? Secondly, is there a separate batch/classroom for Spring admitted students or are we expected to catch up to our Fall peers who are 6 months ahead?

Thank you. If you can assist me in any way, please reply to this conversation, or please get in touch with me through the details I have provided below :)

Warm regards,
Tanmay Gupta
www.linkedin.com/in/tanmay-gupta-baaaa9aa
B.E. Instrumentation and Control Engineering, 2013-2017
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
New Delhi