Shout out to all seniors pursuing a Communications Engineering Course!

Vasudha Khare

Aug 10, 2016, 10:22:23 AM8/10/16
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Hello Seniors!

Hope you're doing well.

I'm now a 4th year student in the ECE branch at NSIT. I aspire to pursue Masters in Telecommunication/Wireless Networking in a good university. My percentage is 77% and I do not have very impressive project/research work in this particular field yet. I've got plenty of extra curricular activities and social work on my profile. Here's a couples of doubts I have before I start filling out my applications:

1) Do I stand a chance of being accepted into any top universities? Is there anything I can/must do to increase my chances as of now? I'm yet to take the GRE. Apart from that, any inputs?
I understand that this is a recurring doubt you must be tired of answering but its honestly one of the most persistent doubt in every aspirant's mind, at NSIT.

2) Since there's a lack of information about further studies at NSIT, I'd like to know if its a better idea to maybe work in a telecomm company for an year or so and then apply for this course? (Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, Reliance visit our campus for recruitment.)

3) Are any of you currently studying in European Universities? Germany/Itlay/UK/ Switzerland? Is there any NSIT alum in University of ETH, Zurich? How do you handle the cost of living?

4) Did you receive Scholarships for your course? What are other scholarship ventures to apply for apart from the university financial aid? Do you know of any other private/govt scholarship avenues?

Any other advice you think would be suitable for me would be more than just welcome. I'd appreciate all your inputs!

Thank you. :)

Warm regards,
Vasudha Khare
B.E. Electronics and Communication