An interesting article for general information on grad school

Ishan Nigam

Nov 14, 2012, 8:02:32 AM11/14/12
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

This is a link to a page hosting the latest edition of our college's e-newspaper, Alliance : http://www.alliance.nsitonline.in/our-editions/

Page 3 of Alliance 7.0 has an article "Wisdom Tree : From NSIT to abroad". Students who are beginning to consider grad school as a choice might find it to be an informativ read.

Regards,
Ishan Nigam
Undergraduate Student
Department of Information Technology,
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology

aayush bansal

Nov 14, 2012, 2:17:19 PM11/14/12
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Although I am not yet on boat, but my experience (based on inferences from interactions) suggests that things mentioned in this article does not capture the complete truth and is also a lot hazy. The truth, as is always, may be  somewhat disheartening but will be surely rewarding.

arjun singh

Nov 14, 2012, 2:26:19 PM11/14/12
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Alliance would love to have your views on the same. You could tell us about the real deal, expounding any myths, misinformation or common perceptions. Please mail me sir, if you wish to do a piece on it.

Regards
--
Arjun Singh
Undergraduate Student

aayush bansal

Nov 14, 2012, 2:29:12 PM11/14/12
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Sure..

Ishan Nigam

Apr 19, 2016, 4:28:48 PM4/19/16
to NSIT to Graduate School, aayush...@nsitonline.in
I've gone through the application process and, I now agree with Aayush.

It might be a good idea, instead, to refer to other resources on the group as well as online forums such as edulix.com.

abhishek bhardwaj

Apr 19, 2016, 4:30:10 PM4/19/16
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com, Aayush Bansal

The original article link seems down.

On Apr 19, 2016 1:28 PM, "Ishan Nigam" <ishan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've gone through the application process and, I now agree with Aayush.

It might be a good idea, instead, to refer to other resources on the group as well as online forums such as edulix.com.

Ishan Nigam

Apr 19, 2016, 4:39:05 PM4/19/16
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com, Aayush Bansal
Here's the original article. Page 3 of the PDF.
The Alliance 7.0.pdf

aayush bansal

Apr 19, 2016, 6:47:58 PM4/19/16
to Ishan Nigam, graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
:) hmm.. After reading this, I think we should do a fresh version for the current applicants.

Ishan and others: willing to volunteer?

arjun singh

Apr 20, 2016, 12:16:45 AM4/20/16
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com, Ishan Nigam
Ishan, don't be a third party to it, you ex-editor of Alliance. :D

Arjun Singh

Archit Chandra

Apr 20, 2016, 12:26:03 AM4/20/16
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com, Ishan Nigam

:D

Ishan Nigam

Apr 20, 2016, 5:26:28 AM4/20/16
to Archit Chandra, graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com

Aayush sir: Definitely. I'll try to come up with something. I think you might have some valuable inputs for it as well.

Arjun sir: Haha! Yes, I do feel responsible. In fact, I was the editor responsible for this particular article (3 years ago, I barely understood how graduate applications work). It was important for me to point this out as a naïve applicant might use the article as reference.

@Everyone : It would be great if others who applied/ are currently in grad school/ recently graduated could contribute to this.

Mona S

Apr 20, 2016, 1:30:40 PM4/20/16
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com, Archit Chandra
Not sure if graduating from grad school in 2014 qualifies for "recently graduated" :)

Ishan Nigam

Apr 20, 2016, 6:40:46 PM4/20/16
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Ma'am,

I definitely does qualify! :)

It would help if multiple dimensions could be added to the update. If I remember correctly, the session hosted in college in 2011 had graduating seniors from most if not all branches which gave us a lot of different insights as future applicants.

Mona S

Apr 21, 2016, 1:45:01 PM4/21/16
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Good to know, happy to help :)