Email id for recommendation from NSIT professors

Aviral Goel

Dec 8, 2014, 1:32:09 PM12/8/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

For the purpose of obtaining recommendations from NSIT professors, which email id should I specify ? Can I specify their gmail/yahoo email ids because i doubt if the institute @nsit.ac.in email id works.

--
Best,
Aviral Goel

Rohan Gupta

Dec 9, 2014, 12:44:47 AM12/9/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aviral,

Ask the professor if @nsit.ac.in is working ,if yes give that otherwise gmail/yahoo can also work.

Rohan

Vishal Bhardwaj

Dec 10, 2014, 11:46:41 PM12/10/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
it was like "@nsit.du.ac.in" previously, but most of the professor at NSIT doesn't use it at all.

I think gmail or Yahoo will also works but using institute's email address seems to be authentic one to universities.

What other says??

Aviral Goel

Dec 11, 2014, 1:47:03 AM12/11/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Columbia doesn't entertain yahoo/gmail ids. Other universities don't seem to have issues.

arihant kochhar

Dec 11, 2014, 1:46:41 PM12/11/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aviral,

Are you sure Columbia doesn't entertain yahoo/gmail IDs. I am graduating from Columbia this month and i remember my LOR was submitted from a yahoo ID. If you still have concerns, i think you can ask your references to write the recommendation on the institute's letterhead and submit it. Good luck with your applications.

Arihant

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Aviral Goel <goel....@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear All,

For the purpose of obtaining recommendations from NSIT professors, which email id should I specify ? Can I specify their gmail/yahoo email ids because i doubt if the institute @nsit.ac.in email id works.

--
Best,
Aviral Goel

Tushar

Dec 11, 2014, 1:50:47 PM12/11/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Most of the professors have email IDs on @nsitonline.in. If they don't have, you can request one for them.
You can make use of them while requesting for recommendation. It does provide more legitimacy if you use your institute's ID for communication.

Thanks.

Best,
Tushar