Urgent!! Anyone pursuing or graduated with MS in ECE- Signal Image Processing and ML track ?

parul chopra

Apr 16, 2018, 1:15:04 PM4/16/18
to NSIT to Graduate School
Hi all,

I am 2016 pass out from ICE. Since then, I have been working in software industry. I applied for MS for fall 2018 and have received an admit from University of Michigan-ECE-Signal Processing and ML track. Seeing the I20 amount that is almost double as compared to other universities and the harsh weather in Michigan during winters, I am in a dilemma whether to go or apply again next year. I need to know more about the course and its job prospects as I am focused on coursework and working in industry post MS and not PhD.

Any input from anyone is valuable. If you dont know about this field directly, then I would appreciate if you can point me towards someone who knows. Please let me know as soon as possible as I have to decide within 10 days.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Shirish Garg

Apr 17, 2018, 11:05:55 AM4/17/18
to NSIT to Graduate School
Contact Sugandha Gupta (batch of 2012). She should be able to help you with your questions, related to masters and job prospects.

As far as amount on I20 is concerned, Yes, Michigan is an expensive university but you can definitely save some money under living expenses, etc. The cost on I20 consider that you are going to stay in university housing, which is expensive as compared to alternatives available outside.

If you have any general questions related to Michigan, you can direct them towards me.

-- Shirish