Urgent- WES Credentials Evaluation Process Queries

Abhishek Sinha

Oct 4, 2015, 1:06:35 PM10/4/15
to NSIT to Graduate School
Hello Seniors,

I am a pass-out of the 2013 batch of NSIT. I am applying to various US universities for an MS program for the Fall 2016 intake. A couple of universities that I am applying to require the 'basic course-by-course evaluation report' of WES. I needed some guidance on this entire WES procedure. I did refer to an earlier post on the group regarding the same but it wasnt clear to me. I was hoping that seniors who have been through this cumbersome WES procedure could help me understand this a whole lot better. My queries are as follows:

1. Do I need any form/document from NSIT to take to DU for obtaining my university transcripts? If yes, what form/doc is it?
2. What documents do I carry with me to DU for obtaining my transcript?
3. Does an official DU transcript include only attested copies of my 8 marksheets, consolidated marksheet and final degree (all attested by a DU authority)? Or is there more to it?
4. How much time does it take for the transcript to be prepared by DU?

A fellow NSITian who is a good friend of mine had his packet rejected last year by WES on multiple occasions due to some issues with his degree first and then his marksheets. It was all quite strange for him.

Hoping for a swift response on this as this would really help speed up my application process. Thanks

Abhishek
404/IC/09

Deepika Anand

Oct 8, 2015, 12:37:55 PM10/8/15
to NSIT to Graduate School
Hi
find answers inline..
1.)Do I need any form/document from NSIT to take to DU for obtaining my university transcripts? If yes, what form/doc is it?
you don't need any form. At DU there will be a form. Fill it on the spot but remember to take your university roll number  and college roll number.
or the same form is also available on this very group. Just search for wes and you will see that form.

2. )What documents do I carry with me to DU for obtaining my transcript?
Just photocopies of marksheets that is 1 set irrespective of how many transcripts you want. originals are not required since They verify the documents  using there own database. However in your marksheet photo copy mention the electives. In our marksheets it will be written something like elective-1 followed by marks obtained. Mention the elective-1 = whatever course. Or mention your phone number clearly on the form so that they can call you.
Once you decide how many transcripts do you want stand in a queue someone will write the amount to be paid on your form and sign it. Then go to the cashier (window 1) he will give you a receipt once you give him the cash. Now go back to that queue wait for your turn again to actually submit the marksheet photocopy + transcript form.

3.) Does an official DU transcript include only attested copies of my 8 marksheets, consolidated marksheet and final degree (all attested by a DU authority)? Or is there more to it?
Each DU transcript will only contain 8 marksheets (approx 3 pages with percentage on mentioned on the first page). I asked them if they could also attach degree + consolidated but they declined to attach that and said this is the standard. Let me know if somehow manage to get consolidated or degree in transcript.

4.) How much time does it take for the transcript to be prepared by DU?
15-20 WORKING days.

Abhishek Sinha

Dec 6, 2015, 3:20:32 AM12/6/15
to NSIT to Graduate School