Query about reporting UG percentage.

Ishan Nigam

Dec 1, 2014, 4:48:36 AM12/1/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I graduated from NSIT in 2014, and will be applying to programs that begin in Fall 2015. I have a question about a technicality in reporting the undergraduate percentage.

The percentage, calculated from my transcripts, is (say) 70%. However, the admin recently released the consolidated result, and it's been reported after dropping 3 subjects as, (say) 72%. What should be reported in the Resume and if I'm mentioning it in my SOP? To be clear, I have no official written evidence from the admin saying that the consolidated result is 72%.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ishan
(IT, Class of 2014)

Rupak Gupta

Dec 1, 2014, 5:15:01 AM12/1/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
drop the worst three subjects yourself(one each in humanities, applied and core) and calculate your percentage and mention that one everywhere

It will be written in your degree, and every other consolidated shit.

Ishan Nigam

Dec 1, 2014, 10:08:46 AM12/1/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

I know the process for calculating the consolidated result. I wanted to know if any Grad School Admissions Committee might look upon this unfavorably, since the transcripts submitted to the schools, when processed, might point to 70% instead of 72%.

The difference is barely a percentage point. I just want to ensure that it doesn't create unnecessary trouble.

Regards,
Ishan

Ashima Arora

Dec 1, 2014, 11:44:11 AM12/1/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ishan,

To be on the safer side, you should just go with the percentage you have in your transcripts(although its highly unlikely that they would sit down and calculate it to check).

Best,
Ashima

Khushal Sagar

Dec 4, 2014, 3:14:37 PM12/4/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
The provisional degree we received mentions the same percentage as in the consolidated result. That should suffice as proof from the college.
--
Khushal Sagar
Undergraduate Student