Degree Status

arihant kochhar

Dec 11, 2014, 1:52:13 PM12/11/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
For all those who came to grad school directly after UG. Now, my school here is asking for my original UG degree certificate and that they refuse to award me the MS degree until i submit my UG degree certificate. I checked out in NSIT and the degree certificates for my batch are still not available. Did anybody face this problem? and any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Manasvi Tickoo

Dec 11, 2014, 1:57:08 PM12/11/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com

Get a provisional degree and your transcripts including final 8th sem.

On Dec 11, 2014 1:52 PM, "arihant kochhar" <arihant...@gmail.com> wrote:
For all those who came to grad school directly after UG. Now, my school here is asking for my original UG degree certificate and that they refuse to award me the MS degree until i submit my UG degree certificate. I checked out in NSIT and the degree certificates for my batch are still not available. Did anybody face this problem? and any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

arihant kochhar

Dec 11, 2014, 1:59:20 PM12/11/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
I already did that, they say they'd need the original degree certificate and nothing can replace that.

On Thursday, 11 December 2014 13:57:08 UTC-5, manas wrote:

Get a provisional degree and your transcripts including final 8th sem.

On Dec 11, 2014 1:52 PM, "arihant kochhar" <arihant...@gmail.com> wrote:
For all those who came to grad school directly after UG. Now, my school here is asking for my original UG degree certificate and that they refuse to award me the MS degree until i submit my UG degree certificate. I checked out in NSIT and the degree certificates for my batch are still not available. Did anybody face this problem? and any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Manee Sharma

Dec 11, 2014, 2:02:15 PM12/11/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
I faced this problem for months! Finally I got a letter written from the admin (Dr. MPS Bhatia specifically) that said that the degree is not yet available and will be awarded sometime next year. It also stated that I have already completed all the requirements of this course. That worked for me.. although it was a lot of trouble!

Manee

No one ever attains very eminent success by simply doing what is required of him; it is the amount and excellence of what is over and above the required, that determines the greatness of ultimate distinction.

~Adams, Charles Francis

Ashima Arora

Dec 11, 2014, 2:04:11 PM12/11/14
to graduate-sch...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Arihant for posting this question. I’ll be facing the same issue real soon!
Thanks to the seniors for their answers.

Ashima

arihant kochhar