Windows 10 and GMAIL

Richard Roe

Mar 13, 2017, 12:02:23 PM3/13/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Team, I am enjoying GQueues and wish that it would begin to work again in GMAIL (more like Wondows 10)

Can someone give us an estimate on when it will be fixed?

Thanks,

Rick

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Mar 13, 2017, 12:06:00 PM3/13/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick -

There are no known issues with the GQueues for Gmail Chrome Extension on Windows 10.

Have you installed the extension from this listing?

After installing, re-load Gmail in your browser.  Do you see the "Create Task" button then when you open an email, as shown below?

If not, do you use the Preview Pane lab in Gmail by chance (where the list of emails appears on the left and the actual email appears on the right pane)?  If so, that may be why the "Create Task" button is not appearing for you.  See here for how to use GQueues for Gmail in conjunction with this Lab:

https://www.gqueues.com/help/gmailExtension#previewPane

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Richard Roe

Mar 13, 2017, 12:10:30 PM3/13/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Hi there, yes, I have installed it and I am using the list view.  It does nothing when I select it.

What am I doing wrong?

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Mar 13, 2017, 12:22:29 PM3/13/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard -

You have to do things differently with the Preview Pane lab.  Specifically:

When you want to create a task out of an email, hold the shift key down and click the email in the left pane.

This will open the email in a popup window and you can then click the Create Task button.

-Cameron

Richard Roe

Mar 13, 2017, 12:31:19 PM3/13/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
I get that part, but regardless on being in the preview pane or the list view, the button does nothing.

Please help as I really want to use your product.  :-)

Peter Blood

Mar 13, 2017, 12:49:35 PM3/13/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
I believe I have the same issue Richard does - I am not in Preview Pane however.  I am in the native Gmail list view.

Richard Roe

Mar 13, 2017, 2:24:16 PM3/13/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
It may not be Win10, but the latest GMAIL just does not run the link, regardless if you are in PREVIEW, SHIFT+EMAIL in PREVIEW, or LIST mode.  I really need this to make the process!  I have 300+ emails that are all actionable daily.

Any thoughts?

Rick

Richard Roe

Mar 14, 2017, 11:32:21 AM3/14/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Any word on this?  SHould be easy to duplicate in Chrome.  I have most of the LABS turned on.  I even reset the CHROME instance to default settings.  still no go.

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Mar 20, 2017, 5:31:48 PM3/20/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick -

We identified an issue that affected users with specific screen sizes.  We have pushed out new versions of both extensions that should hopefully resolve the issue.

Please try un-installing the current extensions and then re-installing, making sure you get the versions listed below:

GQueues for Gmail version 1.0.9

GQueues Chrome Extension version 1.1.2

Hopefully this takes care of the issue and should allow the extensions to connect to your GQueues account.

If you still run in to issues let me know and we'll continue to investigate.

Thanks,
Cameron