Launch A Program Part 2

John Brandy

Jun 3, 2015, 6:35:48 PM6/3/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

I know it's not possible currently to launch an app or a website from a GQueues task.  Example:  I set a task to recur every Tuesday at 3pm which contains the URL http://www.google.com in the task title, where my intent is to launch the default browser to that URL at that time.

It's cool that GQueues puts that on my Google Calendar, I'm just looking for a way to integrate and not need a different tool to achieve automating a particular task at a particular time.

Has anyone found a way to do something like this?  When I say "launch an app" I mean the task name might be "MyDocument.docx" and the system will take that as an instruction to launch Word and open that particular document.  When I say "launch a website" I really mean launch the default browser and go straight to that site.

I can do this with other apps, it just makes overwhelming sense to integrate with a todo program and a calendar.

Thanks!