Daylight Savings & Pacific Time Zone Issues

10 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

ungelesen,
23.08.2015, 16:04:0323.08.15
an GQueues Discussion Forum
In CA we are currently in daylight savings time (GMT-7) but this option isn't available in all calendar settings. To set the timezone for the google calendar, there is the correct option for pacific time (GMT-7), however, in the Gqueues calendar setting, pacific time is listed as GMT-8. I believe this may be why some of my email reminders aren't being received by those assigned to the given tasks.

Also, I have assigned tasks to people without Gqueues. In the past, they received emails from google calendar and now they are not receiving them.

Cameron (GQueues Team)

ungelesen,
24.08.2015, 11:42:4024.08.15
an gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Melina -

Yes, sorry, the timezone dropdown menu always shows the non-daylight savings offset.  But as long as you choose your correct timezone based on the name (Pacific Timezone), then your dates should all work correct (daylight savings is accounted for when setting dates / times for your tasks).

You can verify things are set correctly by setting a date/time for a task in GQueues and going to your Google Calendar to confirm it shows the same date/time there.

GQueues uses the reminder system built into Google Calendar to send all notifications.  Consequently, a person must have a GQueues account with calendar integration activated in order to receive reminder notifications.  If you assign a task to someone without a GQueues account, and they have not activated calendar integration, then they will NOT receive reminders for the tasks.  This functionality has not changed, so I'm not sure how your assignees were receiving notifications in the past.

-Cameron

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 3:04 PM, M <melina...@gmail.com> wrote:
In CA we are currently in daylight savings time (GMT-7) but this option isn't available in all calendar settings. To set the timezone for the google calendar, there is the correct option for pacific time (GMT-7), however, in the Gqueues calendar setting, pacific time is listed as GMT-8. I believe this may be why some of my email reminders aren't being received by those assigned to the given tasks.

Also, I have assigned tasks to people without Gqueues. In the past, they received emails from google calendar and now they are not receiving them.

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten