[FEATURE] Suggestion - All child tasks have easy access to attachments from all higher level tasks

Neil Keifer

Aug 20, 2015, 5:11:42 PM8/20/15
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Good Afternoon,
Firstly just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work.  I've literally tried just about every task management app out there (unhealthy obsession I know), and yours is definitely at the top of the group. I just thought I could offer a useful suggestion.

From my perspective, when you've set up a smart queue and it returns a child task, you have in effect lost the context of that task within the broader task tree you may have created in the normal queues.

In the webapp, it's more of a non-issue because you can navigate around via the "parent >> child >> etc.." links shown for each task.
But for mobile, the child task is very disconnected from the tree it comes from.  I think the most important thing you lose access to are notes or attachments of upper levels.  My solution is as follows.

You could place a button accessible via the full page of the child task that opens a little popup which displays all attachments from any tasks which are on higher levels. Thus you have an easy way of reaching resources from lower level tasks (without having to exit smart queue and find the parent in normal queues).

Maybe there is a more elegant solution available.  let me know what you think.  thank you.

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Aug 21, 2015, 4:01:14 PM8/21/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil -

I'm glad you've found GQueues useful and thanks for the feedback and suggestion.

Yes, I agree having the context of a parent task is useful when viewing subtasks, particularly in smart queues.  It seems like providing a way to jump to parent tasks in mobile may also help the situation.  I've put this scenario on the list of things to consider for future improvements to the app.

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."