Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Reuben Thum

no leída,
13 may 2017, 2:53:52 p.m.13/5/17
para GQueues Discussion Forum
Came back to discover that a lot of my tasks are marked as completed on their own. What the heck? Also, a lot of the tasks that were already marked as completed duplicated themselves in Google Calendar. What is going on? Anyone else experiencing this?

Reuben Thum

no leída,
13 may 2017, 3:48:06 p.m.13/5/17
para GQueues Discussion Forum
Also, under settings, I checked to hide completed items from Google Calendar, but they're still showing up there.
Se borró el mensaje

Reuben Thum

no leída,
14 may 2017, 2:23:44 a.m.14/5/17
para GQueues Discussion Forum
The workarounds I did to alleviate the issues:

1) Had to go to All Tasks > Archive to look for items marked as Completed on their own on March 14th > uncheck all of them
2) Went to each Queue to delete duplicated entries and fixed the Recurring items (because some of them were marked as Completed, and the recurring tasks were generated)
3) Went to Settings > Calendar > Deactivated Google Calendar and reactivated it > added back GQueues calendar on the phone, changed GQueues' Google Calendar color, etc.
4) Under the same window, uncheck the "Hide Completed Items" box > Save > check the "Hide Completed Items" box again > Save > to remove completed entries from Google Calendar

It took me an hour or two to fix, and this is quite frustrating as I don't know if it'll happen again. Similar issues like this has happened before, though this time it's the worst. What I want to know is this: is this a problem with Google changing its Calendar API messing up GQueues' sync, or just GQueues being buggy as usual?

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 2:53:52 AM UTC+8, Reuben Thum wrote:

Reuben Thum

no leída,
14 may 2017, 2:33:50 a.m.14/5/17
para GQueues Discussion Forum
Spoke too soon. The completed items came back on Google Calendar.

Cameron (GQueues)

no leída,
15 may 2017, 11:34:28 a.m.15/5/17
para gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Reuben -

Sorry for the trouble.  Unfortunately last week GQueues experienced some issues with the calendar syncing processes.  This is not related to any changes made to the Google Calendar API, but rather GQueues internal syncing code.  In the process of resolving the syncing issues, for some accounts, duplicates copies of tasks were made on Google Calendar.  The integrity of the GQueues task data itself is fine, but multiple calendar events were created for a single GQueues task, in some cases.

The syncing issues have been resolved, and we have rolled out a process to fix the duplicates. A notice appears in GQueues upon login for the accounts that may have experienced this duplicates issue, prompting them to run the "fix" process.

In terms of the "Hide Completed" issues you experienced, when you check that box and click Save the completed tasks are not hidden on your calendar instantaneously.  Each completed task is processed and hidden from the calendar individually, so this can take several minutes if you have a large number of completed tasks.

If you checked the box to "hide completed" and clicked save, and then unchecked it and clicked save, and then clicked it again this would kick off 3 processes running in the background and they would most likely overwrite each other - so the results could be unexpected, with some completed tasks hidden and others not.

We have put safety measures in place now that will prevent a person from changing this setting while a previous process is still running for the account.

If you still have completed tasks visible on your calendar I would suggest you uncheck the box, click save, wait until that process has completed (usually less than 10 minutes), and then go back and check the box to "hide completed" and click save.  After 10 minutes are so all of your completed tasks should be hidden from your calendar.

Sorry again for the extra hassle and time this has cost you.

-Cameron

Reuben Thum

no leída,
16 may 2017, 8:03:44 a.m.16/5/17
para GQueues Discussion Forum
Hey thanks for replying, Cameron.

The Google Calendar duplicated entries are fixed now, after the workaround I did, suggested by you in another thread. I didn't even need to click on the "Fix now" link. The Hide Completed not working issue has resolved itself too, so thank you for that, and for putting in place the safety measure to make sure it won't happen again.

However, I had another issue where my tasks were marked as completed on their own. Fortunately, they're all still there under Archived, but it was a pain in the butt to go there and uncheck the boxes to mark them as incomplete, and to fix the auto-generated recurring items. If memory serves, the issue also happened on one-time tasks, so this didn't just happen for recurring tasks. Do you happen to know what's going on?

Thanks again.

Reuben Thum

no leída,
16 may 2017, 8:17:42 a.m.16/5/17
para GQueues Discussion Forum
By the way, the issue where my tasks were marked as completed on their own only happened to tasks with due dates, so I think they were deleted (marked as completed) on Google Calendar.

Cameron (GQueues Team)

no leída,
16 may 2017, 8:55:24 p.m.16/5/17
para gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Reuben -

These issues were related to the calendar syncing problems and some of the process that were run to attempt to get things back on track.  I'm sorry you had to manually clean up those tasks.  Everything should be all working correctly now though.

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos