Feature request - automatic queue-sharing within an organization

Antonio

Mar 11, 2015, 9:03:33 PM3/11/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, we're a seven person firm using GQueues across multiple simultaneous projects and are finding it cumbersome to have to manually share each project queue with all individual users in our office (because of our firm size and the nature of our work all staff have some involvement and responsibilities in all our work).  Because of the awkwardness of the current queue-sharing process in relation to our operations / needs we've experienced multiple cases of duplicate queues being created by different staff, and confusion regarding task assignments and responsibilities - we'd like an option to easily/automatically share all queues across our organization upon queue creation.  For us, this would be an ideal default setting.  Thank you,
Antonio

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Mar 13, 2015, 4:27:05 PM3/13/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestion, Antonio.  Yes, a shared category, or some type of "team" category where all queues inside are accessible by the team seems like it would help a bunch.  It's on my list of improvements to make!  -Cameron

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Antonio <aro...@c-d-g.org> wrote:
Greetings, we're a seven person firm using GQueues across multiple simultaneous projects and are finding it cumbersome to have to manually share each project queue with all individual users in our office (because of our firm size and the nature of our work all staff have some involvement and responsibilities in all our work).  Because of the awkwardness of the current queue-sharing process in relation to our operations / needs we've experienced multiple cases of duplicate queues being created by different staff, and confusion regarding task assignments and responsibilities - we'd like an option to easily/automatically share all queues across our organization upon queue creation.  For us, this would be an ideal default setting.  Thank you,
Antonio

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Antonio

Mar 13, 2015, 5:00:22 PM3/13/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful! Thank you Cameron!
Antonio

Brian O'Connor

Mar 23, 2015, 11:16:19 PM3/23/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 6:03:33 PM UTC-7, Antonio wrote:
> Greetings, we're a seven person firm using GQueues across multiple simultaneous projects and are finding it cumbersome to have to manually share each project queue with all individual users in our office (because of our firm size and the nature of our work all staff have some involvement and responsibilities in all our work).  Because of the awkwardness of the current queue-sharing process in relation to our operations / needs we've experienced multiple cases of duplicate queues being created by different staff, and confusion regarding task assignments and responsibilities - we'd like an option to easily/automatically share all queues across our organization upon queue creation.  For us, this would be an ideal default setting.  Thank you,
> Antonio

Thank you for the heads up, Antonio! I agree with this request. Gqueues is a cool program, the only thing holding it back for true office collaboration, in my opinion, is the inability to share folders. Other than that, congrats to everyone at Gqueues!

Antonio

Jul 21, 2015, 5:48:21 PM7/21/15
to GQueues Discussion Forum
hi Cameron, please let me know if you are able to provide an update on when this improvement will be implemented. Because of this issue (as well as long loading times and inconsistent notification when tasks receive comments / completion depending on ownership) we are evaluating other tools for our work. I would prefer to stay with GQueues, but it is frustrating to find multiple requests for similar functionality going back a couple of years and not knowing when this will be available - especially when this is already built-in and available in competing products. Thanks,
Antonio

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Jul 27, 2015, 12:48:46 PM7/27/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio - Sorry, this feature has not been scheduled yet, so I can't give any specific timeline at this point. I know that's probably not the answer you want the hear, but that's the reality of the situation. -Cameron

Linh Luke

Jul 28, 2015, 3:23:39 AM7/28/15
to GQueues Discussion Forum, cam...@gqueues.com
Hi Cameron,
I'm expecting the same feature. We have a medium team with many Queues to share, the current structure of categories is very unfriendly to us.

Ben

Mar 13, 2017, 10:32:49 AM3/13/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Any update on this, Cameron? When we signed up for this service, we just assumed that this would be the natural workflow for groups. I don't know anything about how the programming might work. We are in the same situation as Antonio a couple years back in that we may have to migrate to another service to make the system work. Having just switched from Todoist, I'd rather not have to do this again. We've been greatly enjoying GQueues' straight-forward look and functionality.

But I had an alternate thought on how this could work: Would it be possible to add the ability to share a smart queue? Then anyone would be able to set up a "teamwork" smart queue with a customized inclusion. In our case that would be to include everything from a given category. What do you think about that option?

Ben

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Mar 13, 2017, 11:55:13 AM3/13/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben -

Right now the plan is to start working on "Team Queues" sometime in the second half of this year.  Cool idea with sharing Smart Queues.  Right now Team Queues is the direction we're planning to go for this situation.

-Cameron

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqueues/fe72547c-438c-47e0-a24e-8e872f643227%40googlegroups.com.

Ben Thomas

Mar 13, 2017, 3:42:20 PM3/13/17
to Cameron (GQueues Team), gqu...@googlegroups.com
The team queues makes sense as a plan. Thanks for your response and good luck keeping up with all the demands!
--
Winemaker
Port Townsend Vineyards

“Wine is a composition of mood and light.” -- Galileo

Bree Popp

Aug 9, 2017, 11:59:11 PM8/9/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Hi Cameron,

Will the team queues feature allow creation of a Google calendar for each team queue?

Thanks,
Bree

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Aug 10, 2017, 1:39:08 PM8/10/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
The idea right now is that there will be a separate calendar for each TEAM, and all tasks in all queues for that team will appear on the single TEAM calendar.  -Cameron

Bree Popp

Aug 10, 2017, 2:05:21 PM8/10/17
to Cameron (GQueues Team), gqu...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic!  Do you know when that feature will be available?

Set_logo_200.png

Bree Popp
Vice President & Counsel
16537 E. Laser Dr. Suite 10
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
1-800-351-7765
www.setgame.com

Download SET® for your iPad or iPhone
Play SET® daily puzzles at www.setgame.com and
www.nytimes.com/set

facebook_35.pngtwitter_35.pngyoutube_35.pngInstagram_35.pnggoogleplus_35.pngpintrest_35.png