Delete Google Drive files with task

Lewis Dexter Litanzios / ldexterldesign

Oct 23, 2014, 6:44:52 AM10/23/14
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
~ https://groups.google.com/d/topic/gqueues/Mb4re2JFMWw/discussion

Hey,

As a user when I delete a GQueues task I'd like any attached Google Drive files to also be deleted (or moved to Drive Trash), so these files don't clutter my Drive and contribute to my storage quota

Please +1 this topic if you agree

Yours hopefully,
--
ldexterldesign ldexterldesign
Lewis Dexter Litanzios

Lewis Dexter Litanzios / ldexterldesign

Mar 20, 2015, 9:47:22 PM3/20/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
BUMP

ldexterldesign ldexterldesign
Lewis Dexter Litanzios
User Experience Designer
mail.vcf

Lewis Dexter Litanzios / ldexterldesign

Mar 30, 2015, 6:35:15 AM3/30/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
BUMP
mail.vcf

eggs

Mar 30, 2015, 10:58:45 AM3/30/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
torsdag 23. oktober 2014 12.44.52 UTC+2 skrev Lewis Dexter Litanzios følgende:
> ~ https://groups.google.com/d/topic/gqueues/Mb4re2JFMWw/discussion
>

> Hey,
>

> As a user when I delete a GQueues task I'd like any attached Google
> Drive files to also be deleted (or moved to Drive Trash), so these
> files don't clutter my Drive and contribute to my storage quota
>

> Please +1 this topic if you agree
>

> Yours hopefully,
>

> --
>

> ldexterldesign
>
> Lewis Dexter Litanzios
>

> Web Designer & Developer
>
> +44 7504 907 304

+1

Trish Putnam

Mar 30, 2015, 12:28:54 PM3/30/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
I think this would need to be an option, and because it's destructive, I would expect it to be opt-in (i.e., it wouldn't be the default, but rather something you choose to turn on via a checkbox or radio button or the like).  I know I often attach files to tasks that are information I'll need for other tasks or that are links to reference materials that happen to provide relevant information for the particular task.  I would hate for them to disappear just because I chose to delete a task.

Regards -

Chris Graham

Mar 30, 2015, 7:27:36 PM3/30/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
For me, the defining factor would be whether the file was uploaded to Drive boss the task (or task creation mechanism),

Versus if I attached a file existing in Drive to a task.

If a file was uploaded on the task,
And I haven't exercised any facility to move it out of GQueues' managed folder,
It's basically internal storage;

I don't want any detritus sitting around when the task is gone.

Lewis Dexter Litanzios / ldexterldesign

Mar 31, 2015, 5:08:54 PM3/31/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

After inspection last week, I learned that Google Drive's Trash counts towards your quota ( https://twitter.com/ldexterldesign/status/581203238734688256 ), so this is going to be a very real problem (and a potentially costly one too) in the future

An option to delete attachments with the task, at the very least to Drive's Trash, should be a feature consideration

Regards
mail.vcf

Lewis Dexter Litanzios / ldexterldesign

Apr 7, 2015, 4:14:28 PM4/7/15