Clicking Comments: A small thing, but...

12 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Karl Gingerich

no leída,
5 oct 2017, 1:43:35 p.m.5/10/17
para GQueues Discussion Forum
Cameron,

This is a small thing and I'm not sure you are not at the mercy of web coding when it comes to this but, when I click on a comment, my initial reaction is that the cursor will be where I click.  It is always at the end of the comment and so it sometimes takes me a second to find my cursor, or as I'm typing it takes a bit to realize what's going on.  Ha - could be age related! ;v)

So I guess I wonder if it's possible to place the cursor as close to where you click?
No big deal really, but I tend to use a lot of comments rather than sub tasks as it keeps everything for a task in view.

A work-a-round is to double click the comment area - if I remember.

Thanks again for this awesome tool and you commitment to it!

Cameron (GQueues Team)

no leída,
6 oct 2017, 2:23:17 p.m.6/10/17
para gqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback, Karl.  It sounds like you may be talking about the notes section, and not comments?

Regardless, thanks for the suggestion.  Implementing this is a little tricky (but not impossible), so I've added it to the list of requested improvements.

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Karl Gingerich

no leída,
7 oct 2017, 12:39:21 p.m.7/10/17
para Cameron (GQueues Team),gqu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sorry it is the Notes section.  Thanks Cameron!

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Karl Gingerich <karl.gi...@iteams.ca> wrote:
Cameron,

This is a small thing and I'm not sure you are not at the mercy of web coding when it comes to this but, when I click on a comment, my initial reaction is that the cursor will be where I click.  It is always at the end of the comment and so it sometimes takes me a second to find my cursor, or as I'm typing it takes a bit to realize what's going on.  Ha - could be age related! ;v)

So I guess I wonder if it's possible to place the cursor as close to where you click?
No big deal really, but I tend to use a lot of comments rather than sub tasks as it keeps everything for a task in view.

A work-a-round is to double click the comment area - if I remember.

Thanks again for this awesome tool and you commitment to it!

Chris Graham

no leída,
7 oct 2017, 8:01:41 p.m.7/10/17
para GQueues Discussion Forum
It's not as easy as a double-click if the notes are long enough that the end is lower than the bottom of the browser window.
The first click jump-scrolls the beginning of the note up above the top of the window, in order to reveal the cursor at the bottom of the note.

When I'm working on long notes, I tend to leave edit mode with some frequency, either because I have to flip over to something else, or to make sure my work has been saved, or both.

It is very inconvenient and gets frustrating, clicking and then re-scrolling to find the right place, over and over.

C=
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar