GQueues for Gmail Chrome Extension in Windows 10 does not work.

John Taylor

Apr 27, 2016, 8:28:43 PM4/27/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Hi, Cameron:
Returning customer who is happy to be back with the best task management software for GTD but can't get the GQueues for Gmail Chrome Extension to work in Windows 10.  The gray GQueues icon appears in the Menu/Toolbar but has no functionality. Clicking the icon only opens up a drop down menu with the Options selection grayed out and clicking the first choice sends you to the Chrome Store to add the extension when you already have it.  Being able to turn emails into tasks is an outstanding feature and one I'm sure the customer base highly regards as essential to being productive.  I know that you're extremely busy but this is a critical feature that your customers need to have working properly.  Thanks again for creating such a great application.
Cheers,
John

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Apr 29, 2016, 11:12:42 AM4/29/16
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi John -

Thanks for the extra details.  The gray GQueues icon at the top right of Chrome isn't supposed to do anything.  Chrome only started showing these (very confusing) icons recently for extensions that add functionality to a page.

Can you confirm whether or not you see the "Create Task" button in your Gmail account as shown in the example below?

\

If you click the "Create Task" button does anything happen?

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Steph

May 2, 2016, 7:18:37 AM5/2/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Hello Cameron, my trial version of Queues will be expiring in a couple of days and I need to know the status on the issue with the GQueues for Gmail Chrome Extension in Windows 10. When I install the extension and I go to Gmail I get a notification that it's been installed however there is no "Create Task" button to select. Please advise. Thank you

John Taylor

May 20, 2016, 10:25:19 PM5/20/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum

Peter Blood

Mar 13, 2017, 2:46:34 AM3/13/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
No it does not.  And the Connect Account button in the chrome extension does not work either.

Richard Roe

Mar 13, 2017, 11:24:03 AM3/13/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
So is it safe to say that GQueues does NOT work with Windows 10????

And if so, are there plans to get it working with GMAIL on Windows 10??

Thanks,

Rick

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Mar 13, 2017, 12:02:52 PM3/13/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
GQueues works with Windows 10.  There are no known issues there at this point.

The problem that John Taylor originally reported in this post was NOT actually with Windows 10, as it turns out.  After troubleshooting with him privately we determined that he was using the Preview Pane lab in Gmail (where the list of emails appears on the left and the actual email appears on the right pane).  That was why the "Create Task" button was not appearing for him.  Once he followed the steps here for how to use GQueues for Gmail in conjunction with this Lab then everything worked for him:

https://www.gqueues.com/help/gmailExtension#previewPane

-Cameron

Peter Blood

Mar 13, 2017, 12:11:57 PM3/13/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
So why am I having issues?  Neither the create task in Gmail nor the chrome extension work for me. I can't connecty account in chrome even though I have GSuite connected?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GQueues Discussion Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqueues/CAJtDqkTK4hpFh7cnQRuSr2iY8w-XHVUWFfjCBLv%3Dsj-cf5cDNg%40mail.gmail.com.