UPDATE: New icons

瀏覽次數:201 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Cameron (GQueues)

未讀,
2015年8月6日 上午10:40:552015/8/6
收件者:GQueues Discussion Forum
You may have noticed, on Monday we rolled out some new icons for the web version of GQueues!

Besides being a little more modern, all icons now have a high-resolution version too, which makes GQueues look crystal clear on computers with retina or HD displays.

And speaking of clear, tasks that are due today now show their due date in green so it's easier to see what you should be working on.

We know these changes are pretty small, but hopefully each update helps make your GQueues experience a little bit better.

-Cameron

Cyrus Kirby

未讀,
2015年8月6日 下午3:56:252015/8/6
收件者:GQueues Discussion Forum
Small improvements lead to big changes.

Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,

Cyrus Kirby

A Cleater

未讀,
2015年8月10日 清晨7:09:162015/8/10
收件者:GQueues Discussion Forum
Thanks C. I especially like the green dates!

Nadya De Angelis

未讀,
2015年8月16日 上午9:38:462015/8/16
收件者:GQueues Discussion Forum
Beautiful changes!

Waiting for checklists... or at least repeating subtasks.

Gerrit Straughter

未讀,
2015年9月3日 下午4:25:272015/9/3
收件者:GQueues Discussion Forum
Ok, so this is a relatively small objection, but it affects the way I find tasks.

On the old layout, if a task had subtasks then the Task Overview icon (magnifying glass) would appear when you hovered over the task. That was a quick way to see which tasks were supertasks with whole subtask trees underneath them. And when performing a search OR when looking at tags OR in smart queues, that was the one and only way to see that a task had children under it.

Now that icon is gone, and can only be found if you click the 3 vertical dots for more options. This means that there's simply no easy way at all anymore to see if a task has children during Search, Tags, or Smart Queues; and I personally find that to be very important and useful to know so that I can see the whole tree and where the current status of progress is within the tree (which subtasks are completed and which aren't).

It would be awesome if you could add back some sort of clear and obvious way to visually show that tasks have subtasks. I think everyone would find this useful at some point.

----
Just to give you an example:
Suppose I make a task due next week to send a quote to a client, and mark it with the Priority tag. Then I also add 3 subtasks to remind myself to 1) check with my manager before sending the quote, 2) send a copy to another department, and 3) let my coworker know when it's sent.

If next week I look at a smart queue or tag for Priority tasks, I'll see the task but I won't see that it has very important subtasks that all also need to be completed. Nor will I see those if I look at tasks Due Today.

Thank you!

Gerrit Straughter

未讀,
2015年9月3日 下午4:31:082015/9/3
收件者:GQueues Discussion Forum
Just wanted to add that it would be cool to have a clear way to see that a task has subtasks without even having to hover over the task.
Thanks

Cameron (GQueues Team)

未讀,
2015年9月4日 中午12:58:002015/9/4
收件者:gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerrit -

Thanks for the feedback.  See this post on how you can now know whether a task has subtasks:

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Gerrit

未讀,
2015年9月4日 下午1:47:212015/9/4
收件者:Cameron (GQueues Team)、gqu...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thank you Cameron. I now see what you mean.

It does get the job done, but I agree with the others that maybe it's not the most intuitive way of displaying the message. Perhaps the right-pointing arrow shaped color block at the very left end of a task would work? The same way that tasks indicate they have subtasks in regular queues. It wouldn't be clickable, but it would still show you the same message in the exact same way as users are used to seeing it elsewhere. Just an idea.

Thanks!

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄