Re: Anyone know how to shorten the window title in gmail?

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Jun 10, 2016, 3:18:29 PM6/10/16
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew -

I'm not sure of a way to get rid of the extra text for the bookmarklet, but if you're willing to use Chrome as your web browser the GQueues for Gmail Chrome Extension has much better functionality for creating tasks out of emails.

-Cameron

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Matthew Reischer <mrei...@neecons.com> wrote:
This is a GQueues question.

When I use the GQueues Firefox bookmarklet to create a task from a gmail item, the task title defaults to the webpage title, and with gmail that includes my email address and domain (google hosts my web domain, website, etc).
It would be nice if the task name only contained the email subject line.
see attached screenshot

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Matthew Reischer

Jun 10, 2016, 3:37:24 PM6/10/16
to Cameron (GQueues Team), gqu...@googlegroups.com
If I could open attachments in Chrome using their native application, I would use Chrome.
I never understood why Chrome fores you to download, then open, then delete it.

Oh well...

Thanks for all of your help and a great product!

Matthew Reischer, MSME
Northeastern Energy Consultants
Voice 856-448-4069
Fax 866-670-4065