I can't figure out subtasks

已查看 38 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

novomaisky

未读,
2015年11月24日 12:03:002015/11/24
收件人 GQueues Discussion Forum
As the title of my post says, I can't figure out subtasks. I can't figure out how to create one. Pressing the keyboard shortcut "s" does nothing. Also, can new tasks be created only when one is viewing an entire queue, as opposed to creating one when I'm viewing the task one searched for? There is no "Add Task" button in this view. It seems clunky at best to have to show the entire queue (not the results of a search), add a task from there, move it manually to the task you want it to be subordinate to, and then make it a subtask. It can't be this difficult -- I must be missing something. Thanks.

Cyrus Kirby

未读,
2015年11月24日 15:23:082015/11/24
收件人 GQueues Discussion Forum
Greetings.

At this time, you can only create a new task directly in a queue under "My Queues" or through the Quick Add feature. Smart Queus and saved searches extract information from those views, meaning they are not capable of adding additional tasks.

I cannot speak to the shortcut not working, but you can manually make any task a subtask of another by moving it underneath the "Parent task" and then clicking the indent option on the task you want to make a "Child" of the "Parent".

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Cameron (GQueues Team)

未读,
2015年11月25日 10:37:152015/11/25
收件人 gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there -

For the shortcuts to work, you should NOT be in a text field (such as the description or notes of a task).

See this video which shows how to use shortcuts on the "current" task:

-Cameron

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 11:03 AM, novomaisky <novom...@gmail.com> wrote:
As the title of my post says, I can't figure out subtasks. I can't figure out how to create one. Pressing the keyboard shortcut "s" does nothing. Also, can new tasks be created only when one is viewing an entire queue, as opposed to creating one when I'm viewing the task one searched for? There is no "Add Task" button in this view. It seems clunky at best to have to show the entire queue (not the results of a search), add a task from there, move it manually to the task you want it to be subordinate to, and then make it a subtask. It can't be this difficult -- I must be missing something. Thanks.

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Pradheep Padmanathan

未读,
2017年1月11日 09:46:292017/1/11
收件人 GQueues Discussion Forum
Hi There -

Sorry to dig an old thread out. But the shortcut to Subtask is not appearing to work on Smart Queues. Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Pradheep

Cameron (GQueues Team)

未读,
2017年1月11日 10:44:242017/1/11
收件人 gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pradheep -

It's not possible to create subtasks while in a Smart Queue - (no buttons exist, and the keyboard shortcuts don't work).

If you need to create a subtask on task in a Smart Queue, you can go to the Task Overview for that task and then you will be able to create subtasks.

See here for full details:

I hope this helps,
Cameron

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqueues/ae880df4-e8cc-4605-ab83-3e5295ed6e42%40googlegroups.com.

Pradheep Padmanathan

未读,
2017年1月11日 10:53:242017/1/11
收件人 Cameron (GQueues Team)、gqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick response, Cameron!

Best regards,

Paddie

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 9:14 PM, Cameron (GQueues Team) <cam...@gqueues.com> wrote:
Hi Pradheep -

It's not possible to create subtasks while in a Smart Queue - (no buttons exist, and the keyboard shortcuts don't work).

If you need to create a subtask on task in a Smart Queue, you can go to the Task Overview for that task and then you will be able to create subtasks.

See here for full details:

I hope this helps,
Cameron
回复全部