New User Seeking Advise or Best Practices

G Faith Owens, CPB, EA

Jul 20, 2016, 1:43:39 PM7/20/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Hi there, I've just paid my first year subscription and GQueues might be the answer I've been searching for in my business for years.

I'm a solo operator of a tax and accounting business.  I've already figured out how to set up my client's work, schedule re-curing due dates and create sub-tasks to keep myself on track.  I've even managed to add tags to help with sorting my workload.  Can you tell me if there are any best practices or how other users are addressing the following needs?:

1.  Is there an ability to make a re-curring email that I can send to the client on a given date to remind them I need [insert information/response].  I'm spending quite a bit of time on repeat email messages to ask clients for the same information as last time.  i.e. Send a copy of your bank statement, provide last week's payroll hours, etc.

2.  I know this software isn't designed to be a CRM necessarily, but is there a way to track the last time I heard from the client or received information.  For instance, I file an extension on a client's tax return giving us six months to get it finished.  I need a way to remind the client it's on extension and I still need information from them.

I appreciate any feedback the group can provide.  Kind regards,

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Jul 25, 2016, 2:46:49 PM7/25/16
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faith -

1. For sending automated recurring emails to clients you might check out the Boomerang app.

Here are details on setting it up:

2. We are launching the Comments feature very soon which should allow you to write time-stamped notes to track the history of contact with a client.

Look for it in the next week or so!

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."
Message has been deleted