Calendar integration with multiple calendars

mor...@augustin.online

Aug 12, 2016, 8:20:58 AM8/12/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Currently in the calendar integration there is (only) one calendar "GQueues" which implies
  • only one color in the Google calendar => queues structure from GQueues is lost in calendar
  • no unselectability of a subset of queues => on-demand clear (e.g. monthly) overview within calendar by considering only queues of specific projects is impossible
  • tasks added from within the calendar always go into inbox queue, not into other user-definable queues at task addition time => two-step procedure required: 1) add into inbox, with correct date in Google calendar, 2) manually move from inbox afterwards within GQueues
as also mentioned in several other feature requests (*).

It seems there is a feature "Team Queues" in development (**) which is great as it might resolve these issues, however, I am unsure about the priority of that feature creation. Could the (rough)  timeline associated to this feature implementation be communicated?
I am looking forward to beta test the solution hopefully soon ;-)

(*)
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/vLGwI1aOf6I/XweFsLRnDAAJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/LmwEWSRvV6M/0zGgbkhmDgAJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/AVYqLl2F4Ac/jNI_fseSnF4J
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/Nx-cb8lCGeY/CS9J4C5SAgAJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/RP8yWKmsy0c/WJ6KNbkWBAAJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/BL0eipEK4-I/BFPQ3jKREgAJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/81ihBMuIJuk/Xkm0eSwlBmgJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/AlPC2Rige1Y/cUBkqHIOBgAJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/uIZPn62zd-A/bck-anvmQe8J
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/VJMwsKvtdnQ/KJMU1HbmAwAJ

(**)
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/gqueues&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gqueues.com%2Fforum#!searchin/gqueues/calendar/gqueues/vAEVWIQbQCI/2M9pUPl2BQAJ

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Aug 12, 2016, 11:33:46 AM8/12/16
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback, Moritz.  Yes, others have requested this as well.  It will most likely be implemented as part of Team Queues, where there will be a separate calendar for each team that's created.  Right now I would say a rough timeline for Team Queues is the first half of 2017.

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

mor...@augustin.online

Dec 30, 2016, 3:33:12 AM12/30/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Just to be sure this feature is still in development (as I could not find it on the roadmap: http://blog.gqueues.com/p/gqueues-roadmap.html ) it would be helpful to know about potential updates of the expected release time.
Note that even an incomplete or beta state would help a lot to enable calendar function for some power users again.
(Sorry for repeatedly asking but I cannot use the calendar integration anymore due to the amount of tasks that have dates [for the overdue smart queue] but are irrelevant for the calendar and just overload the calendar in consequence...)

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Dec 30, 2016, 2:03:35 PM12/30/16
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Moritz - Yes, Team Queues are still on our roadmap and slated for development in 2017. -Cameron

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqueues/9a0a40ae-ffb0-42cb-9357-9f7f4f8a1e5f%40googlegroups.com.