Rpi 3 No Sound

Jon Baldry

Oct 9, 2016, 9:17:18 AM10/9/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi folks, I'm new to the group and in the process of setting up a mobile radio scanner based around an RPi 3 and a NooElec NESDR Mini 2 dongle. So far I have Gqrs installed and seemingly running, the dongle is recognised and so on. My only snag (Not that it's an important one or anything!!) is I have no sound from the Pi. Anyone got any tips or advice on what I've missed??

Jon Baldry

Oct 9, 2016, 9:50:37 AM10/9/16
to Gqrx SDR
Never mind, I fixed it. It was the Mode setting that needed changing :)

Alexandru Csete

Oct 9, 2016, 10:00:16 AM10/9/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Jon Baldry <jon.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Never mind, I fixed it. It was the Mode setting that needed changing :)

Hi Jon,

I'm glad you found it. You are not the first one to have this issue,
so I will probably change the default to something that produces sound
in the next release.

Alex

Jon Baldry

Oct 9, 2016, 12:31:07 PM10/9/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex,

I dug a little deeper in the group and found previous mentions of it which was useful. Was very happy to get it all up and running. Just nipped out to check it was all working and even with the antenna supplied with the dongle I was able to pick up my local airport's ground control. Next step is to get better acquainted with the software (Is there an option to scan a set rage of frequencies for example?) and to build a better antenna.

Many thanks for your time and effort in the software.

Jon

Alexandru Csete

Oct 9, 2016, 1:45:50 PM10/9/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Gqrx itself does not have scanning functionality, but there are
external applications that can do that through the remote control
interface, see
http://gqrx.dk/doc/external-applications

Alex
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/bd2502db-937f-4488-8adc-ce72f833055b%40googlegroups.com.

Jon Baldry

Oct 9, 2016, 4:30:26 PM10/9/16
to Gqrx SDR
I spotted those, I guess tomorrow's job is to work out how to install them on the Pi LOL!!