Compile from source issue: No rule to make target '/lib64/libgnuradio-analog.so'

Ekki (DF4OR)

Oct 19, 2017, 5:15:41 PM10/19/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex.
I understand that you are going for an entirely new program with less dependencies (something I really would love to see). But until then I wpuld love to get gqrx running again.

Arch Linux 64 bit

* gnuradio installed from source, release 3.7.12git-295-ga0adcd33
* gr-osmocom-gqrxt installed from source, current branch on your github repo
* libairspy, fcdproplus, gr-iqbal all installed fine from their various repos.
* gqrx install from source, gqrx.git release 2.8

ldconfig cache updated after each library install.

When compiling gqrx_autogen I get the following error:

[ 80%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/gqrx.dir/gqrx_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target '/lib64/libgnuradio-analog.so', needed by 'src/gqrx'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:136: src/CMakeFiles/gqrx.dir/all] Error 2

Unfortunately my knowledge about the build process with cmake and make is very limited, sorry.
I have no idea where that reference to /lib64/libgnuradio-runtime.so comes from, beacause the INSTALL_PREFIX for gnuradio is "/usr/local"

Any hint what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks.

73,
Ekki
DF4OR

Alexandru Csete

Oct 19, 2017, 5:35:09 PM10/19/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ekki,

I suspect there is some compiler or build cache which thinks there is
still some gnuradio in /lib64, perhaps because you have had gnuradio
installed as binaries earlier?

Perhaps there is some purge or "really truly fully uninstall" option
to the package manager. I am not familiar with Arch packaging system.

You can check the gqrx cmake step to see where it finds gnuradio.

However, before you spend too much time on it, I need to point out
that the latest supported version of gnuradio is 3.7.10.x and I don't
think it works with 3.7.11 or later
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/549

May I ask why you need to build from source? Arch seems to always have
the latest release.

Alex

Ekki (DF4OR)

Oct 19, 2017, 5:51:20 PM10/19/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex,
thanks for the fast reply.

Yes, it's probably some remnant from an earlier install, that's what I thought as well after I sent my message. I have to find out where that comes from.

But now... I need a new desk because I just banged my head against my old one :)
I never bothered to check if gqrx is available from official sources (repo), because it usually wasn't. What a surprise! Indeed it is available now... I didn't expact that.

Ok, so now cleaning up my attempts of manual install, and going for the official version.

Again thanks for your effort, and looking forward to your new nanosdr.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR

Alexandru Csete

Oct 19, 2017, 6:09:01 PM10/19/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it looks like gqrx itself is well updated there. The only thing
left are the patches from gr-osmosdr-gqrx repository if you need them.
Currently it is required for PlutoSDR and Airspy HF+ support, which by
the way works well now. Perhaps there is an easy way to rebuild
gr-osmosdr from the Arch repo with the applied patches.

Alex
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0635d08c-7678-4043-8a0a-af835053525f%40googlegroups.com.

Ekki (DF4OR)

Oct 20, 2017, 2:36:52 AM10/20/17
to Gqrx SDR
Ok, thanks for the info.

FYI:
gqrx from the 'community' repo in Arch works fine. It crashes when using an Airspy-R2, but that might be a result of my slightly f****** up installation, still investigating.
Works ok with an RTL device (DxPatrol), will try CloudIQ later.

Since I do not have a Pluto or an HF+ (looking forward to that one) I have currently no need for the patches for gr-osmosdr. Maybe I can look into that later on.

Thanks again.
73,
Ekki, DF4OR