Keyboard Shortcuts?

Jonathan Endersby

Apr 4, 2016, 5:21:50 AM4/4/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Everyone

I've got a couple of questions:

1. Are there any keyboard shortcuts? I'm looking for things like squelch up and down.
2. Is there any way to move the receiver frequency up or down while moving the hardware frequency? (ie. So that I can stay listening to a specific frequency but move the waterfall left or right.
3. Lastly, I know this has been asked in various forms recently, but is it possible to stick my rtl on an raspberry pi up a pole and view/control gqrx from my macbook over the LAN?  (specifically still be able to view the waterfall)

Kind Regards,
Jonathan.

Corey Koval

Apr 4, 2016, 3:26:54 PM4/4/16
to Gqrx SDR
I am not sure about number 1 or number 2, but here is a way to make number 3 work:
On the Raspi run "rtl_tcp -a [ip of raspi]"
On your Mac, select the RTL Server source

Alexandru Csete

Apr 5, 2016, 4:57:22 PM4/5/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

Currently, only the generic application shortcuts exist in gqrx, such
as Open, Save, Exit, Start, Stop, etc. You can see them in the menu
bar.

It would be interesting with keyboard shortcuts to some SDR functions
also, because that could be used as interface to home made physical
control panels with knobs and buttons. If anybody is interested in
working on it, let me know :-)

Alex