"Remote connection attempt from 127.0.0.1 (not in allowed list)"

Hanns Holger Rutz

Oct 13, 2017, 5:12:02 PM10/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
hello,

I urgently need help getting this fixed. Using 2.6 on RPi 3. The TCP
remote settings whitelist seems not to be remembered? Is there a trick
to save it? I have to add "127.0.0.1" to make it work on the Pi, the
default entry "::ffff:127.0.0.1" doesn't seem to cover that, because I
just get "Remote connection attempt from 127.0.0.1 (not in allowed list)"

Or if same Java expert can tell me if I can create the java.net.Socket
in a different way that satisfies this stupid filter?

Can I entirely bypass the filter?

best, .h.h.

Hanns Holger Rutz

Oct 13, 2017, 5:43:24 PM10/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
hi there,

i could solve this by adding to my .conf

[remote_control]
allowed_hosts=127.0.0.1

best, .h.h.

Alexandru Csete

Oct 13, 2017, 5:46:17 PM10/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I think there is a bug, which prevents storing the allowed host if
there is only one host in the list. I don't have time right now but I
openend and issue so that we don't forget:
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/563

Alex

Hanns Holger Rutz

Oct 13, 2017, 6:49:19 PM10/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com, Alexandru Csete
thanks - although I had two entries, the default ::ffff:127.0.0.1 and my
added 127.0.0.1; but perhaps they were interpreted as one?

Andrew Rich

Oct 13, 2017, 8:22:54 PM10/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com, Alexandru Csete
Can I control gqrx from outside or local only ?

I want not to be tied to gpredict running on the same pc to do doppler control

I want to use perl tcp and send gqrx commands

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone