libvolk1-bin on Raspberry Pi?

Jim Tittsler

Nov 15, 2017, 3:50:08 AM11/15/17
to Gqrx SDR
I would like to try the published binary for gqrx 2.9 on a Raspberry Pi. The included readme lists libvolk1-bin as a prerequisite, but Raspbian Stretch only has libvolk-bin in the distribution. Is there a recommended pre-built package somewhere else?

Alexandru Csete

Nov 15, 2017, 9:28:46 AM11/15/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

If I do an "apt-cache search libvolk" in the terminal on a Raspberry
Pi 3 running Raspbian Stretch I get the following:

pi@picam1:~ $ apt-cache search libvolk
libvolk1-bin - vector optimized runtime tools
libvolk1-dev - vector optimized function headers
libvolk1.3 - vector optimized functions
pi@picam1:~ $

Which is consistent with the upstream Debian package info:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libvolk&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all

Please make sure that you actually run Stretch and that you don't have
any third party repositories interfering.

It might be best to just start with a fresh SD card and see if that works.

Alex

Jim Tittsler

Nov 15, 2017, 10:52:15 PM11/15/17
to Gqrx SDR
Quite right of course.  The machine had an odd mix of Jesse and Stretch.

Sorry for the noise.