Squelched Audio Recording With Date And Time Stamping

grege...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2017, 11:43:35 AM6/14/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi all,

I'm looking for a Linux application, preferably that will run on a Raspberry Pi, that will record audio that exceeds a squelch level, and that will date and time stamp the trigger events.  I want to use GQRX and RTL dongles to record our local repeater activity a month at a time and then be able to analyze and report on usage levels and patterns.  I have found several recorder options (including the one built into GQRX), but I have not seen where any do date and time stamping.  I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

Greg Ella
AD0JP

Alexandru Csete

Jun 15, 2017, 8:41:07 AM6/15/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

Is it only FM mode you are interested in?
I have a small rtl_fm like tool that might just do what you need :-)

Alex

grege...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 10:18:20 AM6/15/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex,

Yes, just NBFM.

Greg

David Ranch

Jun 16, 2017, 11:03:05 AM6/16/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hey Alex,

I have a need for a similar tool and the only program I've found that can do it is Svxlink but it's a bit of a sledgehammer for pounding in a nail.  If you have a tool that can ideally create a new file every time a configurable squelch level is exceeded, that would be very useful.

--David
KI6ZHD

Alexandru Csete

Jun 18, 2017, 5:23:31 AM6/18/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'll see if I can modify what I have to make the time-stamped recordings.

Alex
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/f050f6c4-7563-458d-8a4c-b4d74a668a8c%40googlegroups.com.

Nicola Rossello

Jan 18, 2020, 5:22:14 PM1/18/20
to Gqrx SDR
Hello Alex,

i got into this thread while i was seeking for the exactely same functions asked by David but for an hackRF. Is still possible with some workarounds?

PS. I'm using all your tools, they're simply great!! thanks for all your work.

Nicola
IU1LJA