GQRX No audio Linux

Tech2025

Aug 8, 2017, 9:02:31 AM8/8/17
to Gqrx SDR
Everything looks fine, signals are coming in super strong, waterfall looks flawless. Audio is set up to 100% for application and system sounds.

Andrew Rich

Aug 8, 2017, 9:12:01 AM8/8/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Screen grab ?

Sent from my iPhone

On 8 Aug 2017, at 11:02 pm, Tech2025 <ibrea...@gmail.com> wrote:

Everything looks fine, signals are coming in super strong, waterfall looks flawless. Audio is set up to 100% for application and system sounds.

Alexander Fasching

Aug 8, 2017, 9:14:11 AM8/8/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Have you set a demodulator in the "Receiver Options" tab?

On 08/08/2017 03:02 PM, Tech2025 wrote:
> Everything looks fine, signals are coming in super strong, waterfall
> looks flawless. Audio is set up to 100% for application and system sounds.
>
> --
Message has been deleted

Vladimir Chepyzhenko

Aug 31, 2017, 4:27:52 AM8/31/17
to Gqrx SDR
CW-U - demodulator setting. Audio no.

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 5:52:36 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Set agc to slow not off

Sent from my iPhone

On 31 Aug 2017, at 6:20 pm, Vladimir Chepyzhenko <geo...@gmail.com> wrote:

CW-U - demodulator setting

вторник, 8 августа 2017 г., 16:14:11 UTC+3 пользователь Alexander F. написал:
Have you set a demodulator in the "Receiver Options" tab?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/71f8f90f-5f14-458e-ab28-c46569af18e3%40googlegroups.com.

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 5:53:08 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Bet your agc is off

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gqrx+uns...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/71e97f2e-abe5-4a5d-b438-bf9ca419f85c%40googlegroups.com.

Robin Gape

Aug 31, 2017, 6:33:00 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com

Adding to Andrew's suggestion:

1) if the AGC is set to off, there is a manual gain control in the settings panel (select from … button to right of AGC button). The default setting for gain is 0dB, which sounds like muting, except perhaps on a very strong signal.

2) it's also possible that there is an audio misconfiguration. Try checking pulseaudio sound settings, which show output device selected, and also active audio streams, for example:

and

HTH, 73,

Robin, G8DQX

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 6:34:08 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Agc as in audio not rf

Sent from my iPhone

On 31 Aug 2017, at 8:32 pm, 'Robin Gape' via Gqrx SDR <gq...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Adding to Andrew's suggestion:

1) if the AGC is set to off, there is a manual gain control in the settings panel (select from … button to right of AGC button). The default setting for gain is 0dB, which sounds like muting, except perhaps on a very strong signal.

<Screenshot from 2017-08-31 11:23:21.png>

2) it's also possible that there is an audio misconfiguration. Try checking pulseaudio sound settings, which show output device selected, and also active audio streams, for example:

<Screenshot from 2017-08-31 10:55:30.png>

and

<Screenshot from 2017-08-31 10:54:48.png>

HTH, 73,

Robin, G8DQX

On 31/08/17 10:53, Andrew Rich wrote:
Bet your agc is off

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 6:40:20 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Please be aware

I have reported this several times and been ignored

Setting the rf gain to 90 in the presence of a strong signal

And the audio agc set to off there is no audio

Setting the audio agc to not off works

Please don't confuse the two

Sent from my iPhone

Alexandru Csete

Aug 31, 2017, 7:11:26 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Andrew Rich <vkt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please be aware
>
> I have reported this several times and been ignored

You have reported it twice, and both times I have actually spent time
trying to explain it to you:

https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/545
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/553

What do you want me to do in order to not feel ignored?

> Setting the rf gain to 90 in the presence of a strong signal
>
> And the audio agc set to off there is no audio
>
> Setting the audio agc to not off works
>
> Please don't confuse the two

Now also Robin has explained even with screenshots, that when you
switch AGC OFF, you have to adjust the manual gain. If the manual gain
is too low, the audio signal will be too low.

Alex

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 7:44:48 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I'll say it again

Hardware agc off dongle
Rf gain set to 90 dongle
Audio gain set to 90 gqrx
Mode set to cw gqrx
Audio agc set to off gqrx
No audio

Audio agc set to slow
Audio

It used to receive with audio agc set to off

Sent from my iPhone

Alexander Fasching

Aug 31, 2017, 7:55:50 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I can't set audio gain to 90. The maximum is 50dB.

Are you, by any chance, setting the gain in the AGC settings and not the
audio gain? You need to set it in the Audio dock widget.

On 08/31/2017 01:44 PM, Andrew Rich wrote:
> I'll say it again
>
> Hardware agc off dongle
> Rf gain set to 90 dongle
> Audio gain set to 90 gqrx
> Mode set to cw gqrx
> Audio agc set to off gqrx
> No audio
>
> Audio agc set to slow
> Audio
>
> It used to receive with audio agc set to off
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 31 Aug 2017, at 8:40 pm, Andrew Rich <vkt...@gmail.com
> <mailto:vkt...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Please be aware
>>
>> I have reported this several times and been ignored
>>
>> Setting the rf gain to 90 in the presence of a strong signal
>>
>> And the audio agc set to off there is no audio
>>
>> Setting the audio agc to not off works
>>
>> Please don't confuse the two
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 31 Aug 2017, at 8:34 pm, Andrew Rich <vkt...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:vkt...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> Agc as in audio not rf
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0367677D-734A-4E2B-A823-ACD253CB137E%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0367677D-734A-4E2B-A823-ACD253CB137E%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
gain.png

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 8:21:30 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Ok I meant 90%

Sent from my iPhone
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gqrx+uns...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/13a5dd5e-f64b-f9b0-32bb-a1b4a7d979cd%40gmail.com.
> <gain.png>

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 8:24:40 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hardware AGC off
Rf manual gain 90%
Good strong signals on waterfall
Audio gain 90%
Audio agc off
No audio

Exactly the same

Audio agc slow

Audio comes out

Audio agc off should result in one is to one audio

Sent from my iPhone

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 9:55 pm, Alexander Fasching <faschi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/13a5dd5e-f64b-f9b0-32bb-a1b4a7d979cd%40gmail.com.
> <gain.png>

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 8:25:41 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
There is rf agc and audio agc

The audio agc is not passing audio when set to off

Sent from my iPhone

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 9:55 pm, Alexander Fasching <faschi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/13a5dd5e-f64b-f9b0-32bb-a1b4a7d979cd%40gmail.com.
> <gain.png>

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 8:26:33 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Gqrx does not present audio to the speakers unless the audio agc is set to anything other than off

Sent from my iPhone

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 9:55 pm, Alexander Fasching <faschi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/13a5dd5e-f64b-f9b0-32bb-a1b4a7d979cd%40gmail.com.
> <gain.png>

Alexander Fasching

Aug 31, 2017, 8:32:47 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I still think that the volume is too low for you to hear.

Do you see the spectrum in the audio dock widget?

Alexandru Csete

Aug 31, 2017, 8:39:54 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

Please stop sending and email every time a thought crosses your mind. You are not only generating a lot of noise, but you are also confusing everybody, including yourself!

Please show some respect and read what people tell you!

> There is rf agc and audio agc

No, there is hardware AGC and software AGC. They are labelled "Hardware AGC" and "AGC" respectively.

> The audio agc is not passing audio when set to off

That's not true.

> Audio agc off should result in one is to one audio

Exactly! So, if the input signal is -100 dB, then the audio will also be -100 dB and that level is too low to hear in the speaker. Increase the manual AGC Gain slider with 60 dB and you get  -40 dB audio, see the screenshot:

As you can see on the screenshot, there is plenty of audio on the audio spectrum.

Alex

Andrew Rich

Aug 31, 2017, 9:07:34 AM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Yes

Sent from my iPhone
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/11688a94-9ac3-34de-61a7-1b62967f888c%40gmail.com.

Vladimir Chepyzhenko EU2AA

Aug 31, 2017, 11:35:12 AM8/31/17
to Gqrx SDR
Thank you for answers!
1. I am set AGC SLOW. No results.
2. Mode Narrow FM. Audio no.

Thanks, Robin,
3. I am AGC OFF, hand Settings AGC Gain - 51dB, Threshold - -108dB, Disabled. No results.
4. GQRX: Audio outpu - 150%.
5. Spectrum in audio docs widget no.
6. AGC Settings: Gain - 74dB, Threshold  100dB, Slope - 0dB, Decay 2000ms. Disabled.
7. Waterfall no.
8. FFT.
If FFT size=8192/RBW=2.9Hz. Rate=25fps/Overlap=753%.
If FFT size=512/RBW=46.9Hz. Rate=25fps/Overlap=0%.

ps.Go strong AURORA!

четверг, 31 августа 2017 г., 16:07:34 UTC+3 пользователь Andrew Rich написал:
Yes

Vladimir Chepyzhenko EU2AA

Aug 31, 2017, 11:44:18 AM8/31/17
to Gqrx SDR
Sorry, no results ...

my OpenSUSE Turnbleweed 20170620

Robin Gape

Aug 31, 2017, 12:53:23 PM8/31/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com

Vladimir,

back to the simple stuff. 5. (no audio spectrum) and 7. (no waterfall) in your reply below would indicate that the Play icon has not been activated.

Does the screen look roughly like this?:

If it does, then the Play icon (the Start DSP tooltip) needs activating. (On my system, it can be reluctant to activate, and the cursor needs to be moved around before the icon takes full form and may be activated):

Clicking the icon results in the expected active waterfall and audio spectrum:

HTH

Robin, G8DQX

Vladimir Chepyzhenko EU2AA

Sep 2, 2017, 5:40:44 PM9/2/17