Another Pi3/Stretch/GQRX2.6 working

Gavin Jacobs

Nov 9, 2017, 12:40:34 PM11/9/17
to Gqrx SDR
Just to let you know that I have Pi3/Stretch/Gqrx working fine. Earlier this week I had tried on Jessie, but couldn't achieve stable operation, so the key appears to be using a clean install of stretch. Here are the details:
Hardware:
- Raspberry Pi 3, operating "headless" over 100mb/s Ethernet cable
- RTL-SDR USB dongle

OS Software:
- Raspbian Stretch; + apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade

Installed Packages:
- xrdp (provides remote access to x11 desktop from Windows client)
- gnuradio
- rtl-sdr
- gr-osmosdr
- gqrx (2.6; Pi3 binary, downloaded from gqrx website)
- pavucontrol (useful for checking if Pulse Audio is working)
- samba (used to get files to/from Windows client)
- scite (text editor; personal preference)

Also worth noting is that I use the UDP option to send the audio over the LAN to my Windows client. The impact on CPU is almost negligible.

So, it does work. Hope that helps others.

Jake

Alexandru Csete

Nov 9, 2017, 2:27:23 PM11/9/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jake,

Many thanks for the report!

I will do my best to find some time and package gqrx 2.9 for the RPI
when it's released, so that people can use the much anticipated Airspy
HF+ with the raspberry pi.

Alex