GQRX On ARMHF Armbian wont load. Poss Pulseaudio conection issue.

geor...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2016, 7:45:30 PM8/27/16
to Gqrx SDR
I have installed GQRX by synaptic from the standard repositories on my Orange Pi One with The ARMHF operationd system Armbian 5.14. (Orange Pi One is a h3 allwinner Quad core Arm 7 chip and has about 15% less power than a Raspberry Pi 3)

I have attached a RTL dongle and blacklisted it.

I can run RTL_test and it works fine.

When I go to run GQRX it says.

george@orangepione:~$ sudo gqrx
[sudo] password for george:
linux; GNU C++ version 4.9.1; Boost_105500; UHD_003.007.003-0-unknown

gr-osmosdr 0.1.3 (0.1.3) gnuradio 3.7.5
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy
Using Volk machine: neon_hardfp_orc
pulseaudio/pa_sink.cc: pa_simple_new() failed: Connection refused
Could not resolve property : pattern10600
Could not resolve property : pattern10600
Could not resolve property : pattern10600
Could not resolve property : pattern10600
Could not resolve property : pattern10600
Could not resolve property : pattern10600
Could not resolve property : pattern10600
Could not resolve property : pattern10600

Any Ideas?

Would be much appreciated.

PS I realise a quad core arm computer, lacks the horse power to run  gqrx properly but I would like to experiment a little bit. I am hoping the upcoming Orange Pi 3 will have the horse power to run gqrx a bit better.

Robin Gape

Aug 27, 2016, 8:42:32 PM8/27/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com

George,

the "…Connection refused" line, IIRC, means that pulseaudio is not running on your system, or that it is running and there is a configuration issue. Besides any other issues, the repository versions of GQRX are built to use pulseaudio. If there's no pulseaudio, there's nowhere for decoded audio to go!

Earlier posts have spoken of the possibility of compiling GQRX from source without the pulseaudio dependency, but I have no personal experience of this.

Before Morpheus drags me unwillingly, or otherwise, to the pit, your favourite search engine is your friend, looking for "GQRX pulseaudio" or whatever best fits your problem.

Good luck,

Robin, G8DQX

geor...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2016, 9:29:43 PM8/27/16
to Gqrx SDR

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 8:42:32 AM UTC+8, Robin, G8DQX wrote:

George,

the "…Connection refused" line, IIRC, means that pulseaudio is not running on your system, or that it is running and there is a configuration issue. Besides any other issues, the repository versions of GQRX are built to use pulseaudio. If there's no pulseaudio, there's nowhere for decoded audio to go!

Earlier posts have spoken of the possibility of compiling GQRX from source without the pulseaudio dependency, but I have no personal experience of this.

Before Morpheus drags me unwillingly, or otherwise, to the pit, your favourite search engine is your friend, looking for "GQRX pulseaudio" or whatever best fits your problem.

Good luck,

Robin, G8DQX

Thanks for the great response.

What you are saying is my feeling too.

I am not sure I want to beat a path on this one only to run gqrx on a under-powered machine.

I guess the question is Can I install Pulse audio and only have GQRX using it or can I only have one sound module at a time running and have to change all my other programs to use pulse-audio.