GQRX crashes on selecting RTL-SDR device

Shweta Palande

Jul 13, 2017, 3:33:25 PM7/13/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi all,
everytime I start the GQRX and connect it to the RTL SDR device, it crashes. I am a bit new to this, solutions are greatly appreciated!

Please find attached my output while trying to run GQRX. It says "no user supplied config file". What does this imply?

Thank you in advance
image.png

Shweta Palande

Jul 13, 2017, 5:24:00 PM7/13/17
to Gqrx SDR

Ok, So now the GQRX seems to work fine but does not generate any waterfall. I want to interface a LimeSDR with GQRX. It displays Limesdr in its device list but I think it is not able to make a connection to it. Any inputs on how I can get this working!?
Below is my console output on running GQRX

root@Shweta:~# gqrx
Controlport disabled
No user supplied config file. Using "default.conf"
gr-osmosdr v0.1.4-98-gc653754d (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.10
built-in source types: file fcd rtl rtl_tcp rfspace soapy redpitaya
FM demod gain: 1.52789
IQ DCR alpha: 1.04166e-05
Using audio backend: auto
BookmarksFile is /root/.config/gqrx/bookmarks.csv
getDeviceList : Available input devices:
    0 : "Realtek RTL2838UHIDIR SN: 00000001"
    1 : "RFSPACE SDR-IQ Receiver"
    2 : "RFSPACE SDR-IP Receiver"
    3 : "RFSPACE NetSDR Receiver"
    4 : "RFSPACE Cloud-IQ Receiver"
    5 : "LimeSDR-USB [USB 2.0] 9060B0049270E"
    6 : "RTL-SDR Spectrum Server"
    7 : "Red Pitaya Transceiver Server"
    8 : "Complex Sampled (IQ) File"
Configuration file: "/root/.config/gqrx/default.conf"
Crash guard triggered!

Launching I/O device editor
firstTimeConfig
CIoConfig : Available output devices:
    0 : "Built-in Audio Digital Stereo (HDMI 2)"
New input device selected: 1
  Label: "LimeSDR-USB [USB 2.0] 9060B0049270E"
  Devstr: "addr=1d50:6108,driver=lime,media='USB 2.0',module=STREAM,name=LimeSDR-USB,serial=0009060B0049270E,soapy=0"
saveConfig
Configuration file: "/root/.config/gqrx/default.conf"
gr-osmosdr v0.1.4-98-gc653754d (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.10
built-in source types: file fcd rtl rtl_tcp rfspace soapy redpitaya
[INFO] Make connection: 'LimeSDR-USB [USB 2.0] 9060B0049270E'
[INFO] Estimated reference clock 30.7197 MHz
[INFO] Selected reference clock 30.720 MHz
[INFO] Device name: LimeSDR-USB
[INFO] Reference: 30.72 MHz
[INFO] Init LMS7002M(0)
[INFO] LMS7002M cache /root/.limesuite/LMS7002M_cache_values.db
[INFO] Ver=7, Rev=1, Mask=1
[INFO] LMS7002M calibration values caching Enable
MCU algorithm time: 10 ms
MCU Ref. clock: 30.72 MHz
MCU algorithm time: 53 ms
MCU algorithm time: 0 ms
MCU Ref. clock: 30.72 MHz
MCU algorithm time: 0 ms

FATAL: SoapyLMS7::setSampleRate() -- rate too low

Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null source(s).
This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
due to gnuradio bug #528.

********************
********************
No change in output device:
  old:
  new:
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
Requested bandwidth: 2500000 Hz
Actual bandwidth   : 0 Hz
setFreqCorr : 0 ppm
New LNB LO: 162500000 Hz
New LNB LO: 162500000 Hz
updateHWFrequencyRange failed fetching new hardware frequency range
New mode index: 0
Filter preset for mode 0 LO: 0 HI: 0
setFftRate to "25 fps"
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
setFftSize to "8192"
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
New FFT rate: 25 Hz

Alexandru Csete

Jul 13, 2017, 5:40:13 PM7/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Shweta Palande
<shweta....@sjsu.edu> wrote:

> Ok, So now the GQRX seems to work fine but does not generate any waterfall.
> I want to interface a LimeSDR with GQRX. It displays Limesdr in its device
> list but I think it is not able to make a connection to it. Any inputs on
> how I can get this working!?
> Below is my console output on running GQRX

> FATAL: SoapyLMS7::setSampleRate() -- rate too low

Perhaps try a higher sample rate?

PS: I'm not sure why the subject of your message is "GQRX crashes on
selecting RTL-SDR device"?

Alex

Shweta Palande

Jul 13, 2017, 6:19:09 PM7/13/17
to Gqrx SDR
Initially I was trying to work it with RTL SDR, but now I want to use a Lime SDR. But any which ways the GQRX doesn't seem to work with either of the devices. I tried increasing the sample rate but nothing changes.

Has the problem something to do with this output message? -->
"Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null source(s).
This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
due to gnuradio bug #528."

Kevin Reid

Jul 13, 2017, 8:36:25 PM7/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Shweta Palande <shweta....@sjsu.edu> wrote:
Has the problem something to do with this output message? -->
"Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null source(s).
This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
due to gnuradio bug #528."

Any time you see this message, it means that for some reason the device that you asked for was not found or not successfully opened, and you need to look just before it for the specific error.