Re: [gqrx] Digest for gqrx@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Dennis Eckert

Apr 6, 2017, 9:57:25 AM4/6/17
to Gqrx SDR

James , I remember those wonderful days of the BFO control. But there is no BFO control in the software per se. What you have to do is this – – change the frequency slightly. So when you are listening to LSB and their voices have too much of a high pitch, you need to turn lower in frequency slightly until the voices sound more normal. Conversely, if the voices sound too low of a pitch you need to tune slightly higher in frequency until it becomes intelligible. OK?

Dennis KB7ST

On April 5, 2017, at 5:13 PM, gq...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Simon Kennedy <si...@thekennedys.info>: Apr 05 10:30PM +0100

I have the visually impaired user interface for gqrx working in principle.
I need to add the section of code to change the mode and bandwidth
(although I believe the bandwidth option has not yet been packaged for the
ppa? I use gqrx via pybombs which gets the latest version from github) and
I also need to add more error checking and sound. I suspect the sound is
going to be the hardest but most interesting part but here's hoping it
isn't.

I will need help on packaging this for deployment so I will reach out for
assistance when I have completed the development.

Regards
Simon.

James Clark <james.c...@gmail.com>: Apr 05 07:03PM -0400

Hello Simon, I would imagine there would be no sound necessary except that of your software defined radio. Now I would be interested to help you out if you're willing when it comes time for you to release the package. One request, please release it as a.DM G file for the Macintosh. DM G files are so much easier to manage than that of tar .gz or.jar files. Thank you for putting forth the effort, and thank you for actually trying to get something off the ground. From my perspective it is very appreciated because as a blind person I don't see a lot of people with site actually wanting to help someone with blindness. Oh they say they want to help, but I never see the effort being put forth. I always see them trying to help me cross the street when I don't want to cross the street, row we see them trying to hold open doors for me when I'm very capable of holding the door open myself. The small things that make someone feel good and they can go home at night slept in his house in the back and say I hope the blind person today. No, I'm seeing you actually put forth a lot of work and effort, and if this actually does come to pass I will appreciate it. However I hope you're not like other developers who say they want to assess, and then they don't actually pull their own weight, well it will be nothing new. I'm used to big corporations like fender pulling the same kind of deal.

Sent from my iPhone

James Clark - KC3CDV <james.c...@gmail.com>: Apr 05 12:10AM -0400

Hello yall, thanks so much for your ideas when it came to trying to help me with my ham it up, you know, this is one of the issues with being blind sometimes, long story short, I had the ham it up and SDR connected backwards LOL.
I had the antenna jack where the if jack should have ben plugged and such.
Question though, now that I got it working, I cant find the SSBBFO, I got a few hams on LSB and I can hear and tell what there saying, but its way out of faze, is there a BFO I can control?

May Peace Be With You. Active skywarn severe weather spotter and Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network operative.
@HomefrontHugs Volunteer for our Troops and Families

James Clark - KC3CDV

Apr 6, 2017, 5:55:04 PM4/6/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
OK thats what I thought but I wanted to make sure, I also thought maybe it was in the modulator options and saw nothing with voiceover.
So in other words you cant quite get it in faze, now thats boring, Ohwell its still cool.
now if only I could figure out what freq I am on, LOL, I see the air craft freqs when I am on shortwave because I am using the ham it up and only see the hardware freq.