Gqrx TCP not connecting

rich T

Jan 6, 2018, 5:24:29 PM1/6/18
to Gqrx SDR
I'm trying to verify that I can telnet into Gqrx. When I type the following: telnet 127.0.0.1 7356 I get the following:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I'm using a RPI3 with the following installed:
Debian 9 Stretch
Gqrx 2.9
Gpredict 2.0

The Gqrx TCP Interface Settings are configured as follows:
Port: 7356
Allowed Host: :ffff:127.0.0.1

Overall the RPI3 is running fine with Gqrx and Gpredict running.  CPU usage is about 52% and the temperature is 62 c.

richard kappler

Jan 6, 2018, 5:27:40 PM1/6/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Try telnet 127.0.0.1:7356

W2KAP

In any given circuit, the most expensive part will always sacrifice itself to protect the fuse.

Alexander Fasching

Jan 6, 2018, 5:29:06 PM1/6/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Try adding 127.0.0.1 to the list of allowed hosts.

rich T

Jan 6, 2018, 6:06:30 PM1/6/18
to Gqrx SDR
Tried telnet 127.0.0.1:7356 and got could not resolve 127.0.0.1:/Telnet

rich T

Jan 6, 2018, 6:07:48 PM1/6/18
to Gqrx SDR
added the IP address to list of allowed hosts; get same error

Simon Kennedy

Jan 6, 2018, 6:26:54 PM1/6/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Have you turned on the 'Remote Control via TCP' option via the button or menu option?

When I do the command 'telnet localhost 7356' works ok.

When you have connection 'f' will report back the current frequency.

Simon.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0116f50f-7419-41f7-8a8c-ab03c4228288%40googlegroups.com.

rich T

Jan 6, 2018, 6:33:39 PM1/6/18
to Gqrx SDR
Yes Remote Control option is on.  It shows it connects but then the connection is closed.

Rich
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gqrx+uns...@googlegroups.com.

Alexander Fasching

Jan 6, 2018, 6:45:58 PM1/6/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
This happens when the IP is not in the list of allowed hosts.

Add ::1 to the list of allowed hosts.

You can also force telnet to use a specific IP protocol, so
"telnet -4 127.0.0.1 7356" should also work, if 127.0.0.1 is allowed.

On 01/07/2018 12:33 AM, rich T wrote:
> Yes Remote Control option is on.  It shows it connects but then the
> connection is closed.
>
> Rich
>
> On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 6:26:54 PM UTC-5, Simon Kennedy wrote:
>
> Have you turned on the 'Remote Control via TCP' option via the
> button or menu option?
>
> When I do the command 'telnet localhost 7356' works ok.
>
> When you have connection 'f' will report back the current frequency.
>
> Simon.
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/5659387a-6048-45c6-a2b7-d3558f060ad2%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
> <javascript:>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0116f50f-7419-41f7-8a8c-ab03c4228288%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0116f50f-7419-41f7-8a8c-ab03c4228288%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/d3eee03c-713c-433a-8362-007a804be110%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/d3eee03c-713c-433a-8362-007a804be110%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

rich T

Jan 6, 2018, 9:50:40 PM1/6/18
to Gqrx SDR
Try your suggestions and still the same error.

Alexandru Csete

Jan 7, 2018, 5:36:31 AM1/7/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Run gqrx from a terminal and see which messages are printed. If gqrx
refuses the connection is will print something like

*** Remote connection attempt from ::ffff:192.168.1.134 (not in allowed list)

If it does not print that then there is something else wrong

Alex

rich T

Jan 7, 2018, 8:49:08 AM1/7/18
to Gqrx SDR
Alex

Ran from the terminal; Remote connection attempt from 127.0.0.1 (not in allowed list) was printed. Last night I add ::1 to the allowed hosts as Alexander suggested; but did not know ::1 is localhost for IPV6.  So when I telnet using "localhost" it connects when executing through terminal and through the GUI.

Thanks

Rich