NO SOUND ON MAC

G4UZE

Oct 28, 2016, 11:19:15 AM10/28/16
to Gqrx SDR

Hi all

Grateful for some help with this. I'm new to the group and SDR radio and have just download Gqrx and am using a Funcube Dongle Pro.  All seems to be running fine, lots of signals displayed on the waterfall, but sadly no audio output.  Any ideas what I should do next please?  I'm hoping there's a simple solution.

Thanks in advance - Chris

chpa

Oct 28, 2016, 1:32:00 PM10/28/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi!

1. Check that the Mode switch under Receiver Options not is 'off'
2. Check your audio settings
3. Check the Internet for information about the coreaudio daemon ex.
4. Check check, check again! :-)

Regards
/Christer
Ps. I'm using a Mac Book Pro with Mac OS X Sierra, Gqrx works, the Fun Cube Dongle works. I'm not sure the core audio framework do. But that just me :-)

Alexandru Csete

Oct 28, 2016, 2:46:58 PM10/28/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Initially gqrx runs in "spectrum analyser" mode which does not produce
any sound. You have to select a mode under "Receiver Options"

Alex

Chris - G4UZE

Oct 29, 2016, 12:00:29 PM10/29/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi there:

Many thanks Christer:  took your advice and checked everything carefully - problem was with the Squelch setting - its now working fine.  Thanks again - I knew it was something simple!

Cheers - Chris

Chris - G4UZE

Oct 29, 2016, 12:02:47 PM10/29/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex

All fine now - operator error!  Didn't check the Squelch level.

Excellent programme - really impressed.

Thanks and regards - Chris

Alexandru Csete

Oct 29, 2016, 2:10:01 PM10/29/16