what in the world?

James Clark - KC3CDV

Apr 1, 2017, 1:21:50 PM4/1/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I got the ham it up running and it seems to be working, but its weird, I am hearing VHF weather on 57MHZ, thats strange within itself. I also tried tuning around the aircraft bands with the box engaged and no signals on shortwave, what am I doing wrong?
I am going to keep tinkering, but for now I am off to read my bible, thanks for the help you can give in advanced.
I lowered the conversion stage on GQRX, I engaged the box, the only thing Ive not tried is the samplerate.

May Peace Be With You. Active skywarn severe weather spotter and Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network operative.
@HomefrontHugs Volunteer for our Troops and Families

Philip Collier

Apr 1, 2017, 9:54:51 PM4/1/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi James. How are the filters on the converter? My first suspicion is that you have some out of band VHF signals mixing with the oscillator or its second harmonic. My first thought is that, before more complex theories involving undersampling and chemtrails.

Cheers,
Phil AB9IL

James Clark - KC3CDV

Apr 1, 2017, 10:12:13 PM4/1/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I do think its sort of a harmonic, Ive ben trying all sorts of different things and I cant seem to get this to work.
Ive ben messing with this all day and all I can seem to do is somehow change the derection of the freqs and also using inverted IF I can keep the freqs the same and am about ready to try 24Mhz using inverted IF. Yes Ive tried it without inversion but still no good so I am trying this, was playing with different sampelrates and no good either.
Where do I go to change the offset? Ive ben trying it under I/O Devices. and where the little slider that says I/Q input stepper.
now I wonder if visually theres numbers there, because all I see is it either going up or down.
I am using voiceover on my mac and I wonder if thats got something to do with it, maybe I don’t have the offset set correctly.