gpredict/gqrx rigctld error on raspi3b

Florian Voggeneder

Dec 1, 2016, 8:40:00 AM12/1/16
to Gqrx SDR
hey gang!

first off, thanks to alexandru, i've been using your programs for years now and have never reached out to show my gratitude.

that being said - i recently installed gqrx following the instructions on the website and the gpredict package via apt-get successfully on a raspi 3 running raspian. both programs run nominally, gqrx responds to telnet from localhost and remotely.

however, gpredict can't set up a rigctld connection to gqrx from the radio control panel, i've provide the log from gpredict as an attachement.

any hints on how i could figure this out?
rigctld.jpg

Alexandru Csete

Dec 1, 2016, 5:42:29 PM12/1/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian,

I think this was a bug in gpredict 1.3 that has been fixed 3 years ago
- unfortunately, no stable release has been made since then.

You could try building the latest gpredict from the source tree. It's
not that difficult and I'm sure I or somebody else can guide your
through it if you want to try. I'm in the middle of moving right now,
so it may take several days for me to answer during the coming weeks.

Alex

Florian Voggeneder

Dec 3, 2016, 2:32:33 PM12/3/16
to Gqrx SDR
hey alex!

cheers for the reply, building is no problem for me. i understand the project is up and alive on github?

best, florian.

Alexandru Csete

Dec 3, 2016, 2:37:04 PM12/3/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Florian Voggeneder
<goo...@voggeneder.net> wrote:
> hey alex!
>
> cheers for the reply, building is no problem for me. i understand the
> project is up and alive on github?

Yes: https://github.com/csete/gpredict
although the repository on sourceforge should also be in sync.

Let us know if your issues are fixed in the latest code.

Alex

David Ranch

Dec 3, 2016, 2:44:06 PM12/3/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hey Alex,

Since various enhancements and fixes have gone into Gpredict yet most distros won't get them w/o having an official release, maybe it would be a good time to tag an official new version?

--David
KI6ZHD

Florian Voggeneder

Dec 3, 2016, 4:05:46 PM12/3/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hello again!

turns out i was a bit too enthusiastic before, as I've just compiled v-1.3 instead of gpredict-master (although successfully, i might add). the rigtcl error persists of course. forgive my noobishness, but how do i get a compilable source? i've already downloaded the .git as a zip file, but it wouldn't let me ./configure.

Your support is highly appreciated.

David Ranch

Dec 3, 2016, 4:15:51 PM12/3/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hello Florian,

mkdir tempdir
cd tempdir
unzip gpredict-master.zip

#Now read the README file to make sure you have all the required dependencies installed first

./autogen
make

--David
KI6ZHD

Alexandru Csete

Dec 3, 2016, 5:02:12 PM12/3/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Gpredict is nowhere near any state where we can just tag and release, sorry.

Alex

Florian Voggeneder

Dec 3, 2016, 5:30:50 PM12/3/16
to Gqrx SDR

hey david!

cheers, thanks for your time! although goocanvas is just available at 0.15 on raspi and compiling it opens yet another pandoras box, everything compiled successfully and i am now running gpredict again. the connection error to gqrx is persisting, although the error msgs have changed, cf. the screen capture attached.

best, florian.
screencap.PNG

Robin Gape

Dec 4, 2016, 1:55:49 PM12/4/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Florian,

for some reason your screen capture arrived here with a .PNG extension,
even though it's a JPEG file!

Oops,

Robin, G8DQX