Frequency Shortcut For GQRX

grege...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2017, 9:41:14 AM4/16/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi,

My blind friend is doing extremely well with GQRX on OSX with voiceover, as detailed in my recent thread.  One small thing would really wrap it up for him.  When I run GQRX in Linux, I can park my mouse pointer over one of the digits in the frequency display area.  The digit I am parked over will change to a gray background.  Then I can change that value with my up and down arrows and I can step left or right in the frequency display with my left and right arrows.  I am assuming this is the same in OSX.

The problem my friend is having is that voiceover does not seem to let him grab the frequency display.  Or, if it does, it does not tell him he is there.  If there was a keyboard shortcut that he could use to grab a digit in a known place value, such as the first digit left of the decimal point, he could go on from there to select his tuning steps and change frequency with just his up, down, left and right arrows.  (He can enter frequencies directly at this point, but can not make incremental tuning changes).

Thanks,

Greg Ella
AD0JP

Simon Kennedy

Apr 16, 2017, 11:00:47 AM4/16/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

That is the kind of functionality I am writing into my gqrx add-on. I also have short cuts to the ham bands, ability to change mode and change bandwidth (ready for when the next version is released).

I am making progress although a little slower due to the backlight in my monitor partly failing.

Regards
Simon.

James Clark - KC3CDV

Apr 16, 2017, 7:29:03 PM4/16/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
rite now I am running into the same problem on mac OSX as a voiceover user.

May Peace Be With You. Active skywarn severe weather spotter and Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network operative.
@HomefrontHugs Volunteer for our Troops and Families