Errors when open Qt whit CMakeLists.txt in Raspberry

Joan Pere López Veraguas EA3AGK

Oct 30, 2017, 2:09:49 PM10/30/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex,

I followed the tutorial about how to build Gqrx on Qt5 on Raspberry. https://github.com/csete/gqrx
I installed:
  • GNU RADIO
  • The Drivers for my receiver RTL-SDR
  • QT5
It seems everything is OK. I started Qt and select the CMakelists.txt, select the build directory and when I run Cmake appear a lot of errors, like you will find attached.
Could be than the CMakelist.txt must be personalized according the platform? I that case, do you have the one used for you to compile in the raspberry?

Thanks in advance,

Pere

ERRORS:
CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreMacros.cmake:224 (configure_file):
  configure_file called with unknown argument(s):

   COPY_ONLY

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  src/CMakeLists.txt:36 (QT5_ADD_RESOURCES)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Warning (dev) at /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/cmake/Qt5Core/Qt5CoreMacros.cmake:224 (configure_file):
  configure_file called with unknown argument(s):

   COPY_ONLY

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  src/CMakeLists.txt:36 (QT5_ADD_RESOURCES)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

GNURADIO_PMT_FOUND = TRUE
Checking for GNU Radio Module: PMT
 * INCLUDES=/usr/include
 * LIBS=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-runtime.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-pmt.so
Checking for GNU Radio Module: FILTER
 * INCLUDES=/usr/include
 * LIBS=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-filter.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-fft.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-runtime.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-pmt.so
GNURADIO_FILTER_FOUND = TRUE
Checking for GNU Radio Module: FFT
 * INCLUDES=/usr/include
 * LIBS=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-fft.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-runtime.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-pmt.so
GNURADIO_FFT_FOUND = TRUE
 * INCLUDES=/usr/include
 * LIBS=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-digital.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-runtime.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-pmt.so
GNURADIO_DIGITAL_FOUND = TRUE
 * INCLUDES=/usr/include
 * LIBS=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-blocks.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-runtime.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-pmt.so
GNURADIO_BLOCKS_FOUND = TRUE
Checking for GNU Radio Module: DIGITAL
GNURADIO_ANALOG_FOUND = TRUE
Checking for GNU Radio Module: AUDIO
 * INCLUDES=/usr/include
 * LIBS=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-audio.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-runtime.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-pmt.so
GNURADIO_AUDIO_FOUND = TRUE
Checking for GNU Radio Module: BLOCKS
 * INCLUDES=/usr/include
 * LIBS=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-runtime.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-pmt.so
GNURADIO_RUNTIME_FOUND = TRUE
Checking for GNU Radio Module: ANALOG
 * INCLUDES=/usr/include
 * LIBS=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-analog.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-runtime.so;/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgnuradio-pmt.so
Checking for GNU Radio Module: RUNTIME
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1772 (message):
  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

  Unable to find the Boost header files.  Please set BOOST_ROOT to the root
  directory containing Boost or BOOST_INCLUDEDIR to the directory containing
  Boost's headers.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:102 (find_package)

CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:743 (message):
  Imported targets not available for Boost version
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:842 (_Boost_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1411 (_Boost_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES)
  CMakeLists.txt:102 (find_package)

CMake Warning at /usr/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:743 (message):
  Imported targets not available for Boost version
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:842 (_Boost_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1411 (_Boost_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES)
  CMakeLists.txt:102 (find_package)

See also "/home/pi/gqrx.git/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

Corey Koval

Nov 2, 2017, 2:07:56 PM11/2/17
to Gqrx SDR
Looks like you're missing libboost. I'm not sure what package you would use on raspberry pi, but on Ubuntu I would install libboost-1.58-all-dev

Joan Pere López Veraguas EA3AGK

Nov 2, 2017, 3:16:54 PM11/2/17
to Gqrx SDR
Many thanks Corey,

I will try to install it

Joan Pere López Veraguas EA3AGK

Nov 13, 2017, 5:28:44 AM11/13/17
to Gqrx SDR
Not working. I will try with a clean raspbian installation on RPI3

Alexandru Csete

Nov 13, 2017, 3:06:42 PM11/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hello Pere,

You have really picked a difficult task for yourself... Building gqrx
from source is not simple, building it on the Raspberry Pi is even
"more not simple" ;-)
I can give you my notes from building it recently.

On a clean and up to date Raspbian Stretch, install the build dependencies:

sudo apt-get install gcc g++ pkg-config cmake libusb-1.0-0-dev
sudo apt-get install libusbgnuradio-dev gr-iqbal libudev-dev libvolk1-bin
sudo apt-get install qt5-default libqt5svg5-dev portaudio19-dev

You still need SDR drivers and gr-osmosdr. You can choose to install
from the repository if you do not have any special needs:

sudo apt-get install gr-osmosdr

Now you are ready to build gqrx. On the Raspberry Pi it is is
important to configure and build using the Portaudio backend:

cmake .. -L -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/alc/sdr/runtime
-DLINUX_AUDIO_BACKEND=Portaudio

If all OK, type make

I hope this helps.

Alex

Joan Pere López Veraguas EA3AGK

Nov 15, 2017, 12:19:51 PM11/15/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for your valuable help.

The today status is the application is running with some trouble:
The GNU radio is installed
The Qt5/Qt creator is installed
The RTL-SDR drivers are installed
The pulse audio is installed

I can compile GQRX inside QtCreator without errors, and I can lunch the application (With some runtime errors). I think the main issue is that I am not able to select the correct SDR (RTL-SDR in my case) as it doesn't appear in the list of devices.
When I test the rtl_rest in the terminal it seams to be working, but I cannot select it when I lunch the Gqrx application.

Find attached the list or errors (in red) that appear when lunch Gqrx from the GUI of QtCreator (probably some of them are due the impossibility to select the right dongle):

Starting /home/pi/gqrx.git/build/gqrx...
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate

** (gqrx:3432): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
gr-osmosdr v0.1.4-98-gc653754d (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.10
built-in source types: file fcd rtl_tcp rfspace redpitaya
Resampling audio 96000 -> 48000
BookmarksFile is /home/pi/.config/gqrx/bookmarks.csv
gr-osmosdr v0.1.4-98-gc653754d (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.10
built-in source types: file fcd rtl_tcp rfspace redpitaya

FATAL: No supported devices found to pick from.

Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null source(s).
This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
due to gnuradio bug #528.

Failed to set RX input rate to 1.8e+06
Your device may not be working properly.

What do you think about?
Thanks. Best regards,

Pere

Alexandru Csete

Nov 15, 2017, 1:48:10 PM11/15/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
> built-in source types: file fcd rtl_tcp rfspace redpitaya

It means that gr-osmosdr was built without rtlsdr support.

I hope that somebody else can guide you further because I do not have
time for this, sorry.

Alex

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:19 PM, Joan Pere López Veraguas EA3AGK
<plo...@neatemc.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thank you very much for your valuable help.

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/f5e88403-65c6-402d-94fb-a446eb372895%40googlegroups.com.

Joan Pere López Veraguas EA3AGK

Nov 15, 2017, 4:25:49 PM11/15/17
to Gqrx SDR
Thanks for your support Alex. I will continue investigating.

Alexandru Csete

Nov 15, 2017, 7:38:41 PM11/15/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
After you run cmake for gr-osmosdr, it will list which drivers have
been enabled/detected and which have been not. So you have to look
there.

Alex

Joan Pere López Veraguas EA3AGK

Nov 16, 2017, 1:33:14 PM11/16/17
to Gqrx SDR
I saw that.
I reinstalled the rtl-sdr driver and after i run again the gr-osmosdr and the device already appear in the dropdown menu, but I have some runtime errors yet.
I will revise again all steps.

Pere