frequency tooltip colour

derek.c...@gmail.com

May 9, 2017, 4:57:03 AM5/9/17
to Gqrx SDR
I currently cannot read the frequency whilst hovering over the fft or waterfall displays. This is because it looks like a deep or low intensity red on a black background and as I am red-green colour blind I cannot see clearly enough to read the frequency.

The image shows the tooltip in USB mode, the mouse pointer appears not to be copied.

It may be that I have accidentally changed something on my machine but my notebook is exhibiting the same effect. Both are running Ubuntu 17.04 and GQRX et.al. is built from source.
FreqTooltipColour.jpg

Alexandru Csete

May 9, 2017, 6:22:39 AM5/9/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,

It's nothing you have done. It's and issue that appears to be related
to the desktop theme and/or Qt version, see
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/512

Alex

derek.c...@gmail.com

May 9, 2017, 6:27:59 AM5/9/17
to Gqrx SDR
I should have asked the question, how can I change the colour of the tooltip text.

Jonathan Coles

May 10, 2017, 10:15:23 PM5/10/17
to Gqrx SDR
It has nothing to do with your colour blindness. Dark text on a dark background is always impossible to read. I'm running Xubuntu 17.04 with Gqrx 2.6.1 from the PPAs and my FFT/Waterfall tooltips look like yours. This doesn't happen in other applications or even elsewhere in Gqrx. We just have to wait for the code to be fixed.