Bad Receiver

Norbert Kaiser

Apr 23, 2018, 6:06:07 AM4/23/18
to Gqrx SDR
Hi,
i tried two chips, which works with linux. A realtek and a compatible chip. It has no name. there only stands: DVB-T+FM.
Even the UKW from 88,5 MHZ until 108 works, but a lot of stations i only get in  mono. A friend told me, that i have to install an adapter. For every Frequenzy Range.
But what does he mean ? Where the small antenne is connected i have to connect Antennes for the Spectrum i want to receive. But he said also something of a resistor. For UKW 75 Ohm ?
Sorry, i understand nothing ? A resistor will not make the signal stronger ?
Please excuse my bad English ! Many greetings !

Gareth Weaver

Apr 25, 2018, 9:30:12 PM4/25/18
to Gqrx SDR
I just attached this to above link.. something for you to try ( and it tells you where to make adjustment in the dongle.. One thing is make sure its not a "Shorted antenna" this can fry the chip.. Link below:

hope it helps, I will get after it next week and try everything out.. (there are even some software changes for Linux which it says will help)  Good Luck and let the rest of us know if it makes any  difference.  If you get to it before me.